Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank You

For a guy that was not supposed to be 'big' enough or 'fast' enough to play MLB in the CFL, you ended up having a great career! When you had your first knee injury, many thought that you would not be the same again. WRONG! Then, when you had your second knee injury, many more thought THAT was the end of your career. WRONG AGAIN! Numerous times you have overcome obstacles that stood in the way of you playing professional football and you have triumphed each time! Those are the kinds qualities that have made this football team great over the years. I look forward to you instilling these kinds of characteristics in the Eskimo players of the future.

To me it was never about what I accomplished on the football field, it was about the way I played the game.
    -Jerry Rice

Comment

Congratulations on a solid career as a player. All the best as a coach! The helmet toss was priceless.
      www.cflzone.com

Comment

No, AJ... thank YOU!!! (and this from the guy in T.O. that used to greet you every game on the field...)
        When arguing with an idiot, make sure he's not doing the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Esk Reporter View Post
          For a guy that was not supposed to be 'big' enough or 'fast' enough to play MLB in the CFL, you ended up having a great career! When you had your first knee injury, many thought that you would not be the same again. WRONG! Then, when you had your second knee injury, many more thought THAT was the end of your career. WRONG AGAIN! Numerous times you have overcome obstacles that stood in the way of you playing professional football and you have triumphed each time! Those are the kinds qualities that have made this football team great over the years. I look forward to you instilling these kinds of characteristics in the Eskimo players of the future.
          What he said.

Thanks for everything, AJ - all the best.
          We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

Comment

Thanks AJ!
            Now who am I going to point out to my son?
            All the best! You will be on hell of a coach if you bring half the passion to coaching as you did to playing.

Comment

all the best aj ,you did us proud

a quote from howard cosell ,i really can't say it any better than this

The ultimate victory in competition is derived from the inner satisfaction of knowing that you have done your best and that you have gotten the most out of what you had to give.

Comment

Last guy to touch the ball in the '05 Grey Cup: A.J. Gass, perhaps my favorite zero yard punt return of all-time!
                Taylor Field. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Comment

Working...
                X