The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The TV Mega-Thread: The Truth is Out There

If you are looking for a very well crafted comedic murder mystery, Knives Out is now available for streaming on Amazon Prime

Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Cobra Kai is going to be moving to Netflix at the end of the week. They'll ahve the first two seasons that previously played on YouTube, then will premier the new season next year. If you didn't have the opportunity to watch it before, I highly recommend it. Initially I started watching for the nostalgia factor, but it's really well done and does a great job of showing how people can see the same incident from different perspectives.

Comment

Always knew Johnny was the good guy. Stupid Laruso
        Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

Comment

Originally posted by nafnikufesin View Post
          Cobra Kai is going to be moving to Netflix at the end of the week. They'll ahve the first two seasons that previously played on YouTube, then will premier the new season next year. If you didn't have the opportunity to watch it before, I highly recommend it. Initially I started watching for the nostalgia factor, but it's really well done and does a great job of showing how people can see the same incident from different perspectives.
          I liked Season 1 but gave up on Season 2 after a few episodes as the writing and acting was terrible even by Karate Kid standards. Did it get better later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
            I liked Season 1 but gave up on Season 2 after a few episodes as the writing and acting was terrible even by Karate Kid standards. Did it get better later in the season.
            Personally I think it was fantastic as the second season goes on. Kreese is still the world's biggest a$$clown and it shows how much a d-bag Daniel was/is. Give it another shot.

Comment

The Flight Attendant is good, dumb fun.

Comment

TW and I have binge watched a bunch of shows the last few months.
                Scrubs - Always forget how much physical comedy there was in this show. (And how hot Sarah Chalke got as the show progressed!) The final season was terrible after they cancelled and then renewed while changing the characters and setting of the show. Plus it just sort of ends unexpectedly.
                The Stand - Would this be considered a mini-series? I mean it's no Thorn Birds... Overall it was way better than the TV series with Molly Ringwald and Gary Sinese. Close to the book, at least from what I can remember anyways. Great casting for all the characters and the extra time they took was well used. Not a lot of wasted scenery shots etc. Trashcan Man was definitely creepier with Miller instead of Max Headroom...
                Archer - I know I've talked about this one before but damn I love this show. Probably the fact that I keep picturing Bob Belcher as the main character helps. Kreiger absolutely makes the show.
                Yellowstone - Just started this one yesterday and it looks to be good. Didn't realize the first episode was two hours long so that says something about pacing and interest.
                The Boys - Well I can't remember the last time I heard the see you next Tuesday word that much in such a short time but it doesn't change the fact that it's just a twisted show... The "humanity" the heroes have is refreshing because it goes further than what Marvel and DC are doing in regards to them being real with real issues like total narcissism, drug addiction etc. The way that they dealt with Translucent was funny as f*ck.
                Teen Titans GO! - Ok, so this was more just because little man has always watched it...but holy crap it's funny. The amount of humor that goes over his head but makes me chuckle is unreal. If you want mindless fun in the background put it on.
                24 - Remember having to wait a whole week to find out what happened in the next hour of the day??? How did we do it? This is a good example of a show that just wouldn't fly today because of the tech available today and the way the world reacts to racism, terrorism etc. It was ground breaking for having a black president and even though I never really understood how the assassination attempt played out and the aftermath of it, still was enjoyable.

Tried to watch a few that everyone keeps raving about and just couldn't get into them. The Office and Parks & Rec (which I only watched because of Aubrey Plaza) come to mind.

Would love to find The Rookie somewhere to stream. I've seen clips here and there and it looks really good! Nathan Fillion is a great actor (and cool cat all around) and from what I've seen the issues of racism and police corruption really stand in the spotlight.

Comment

Well, I am late to the Schitt's Creek party but holy **** is this show hilarious.
                  "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                    Well, I am late to the Schitt's Creek party but holy **** is this show hilarious.
                    It's on my "to watch" list, but I haven't gotten there yet myself. Just finished the second season of "A. P. Bio" on Netflix; definitely something that's up my alley for sure.
                    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                      One of the funniest out there.

Comment

I watched Schitt's Creek when it came out in its early three seasons or so. At that time it was pretty heavily criticized for the usual criticisms of Canadian productions, I thought unfairly. Then all of a sudden the tide turned, and it became one of the most loved shows on TV.
                        Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by 56Parkies View Post
                          It's on my "to watch" list, but I haven't gotten there yet myself. Just finished the second season of "A. P. Bio" on Netflix; definitely something that's up my alley for sure.
                          Bump it up the list. It's incredible.
                          "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Comment

The Wheel of Time premiers on Amazon Prime tomorrow. While the story is more traditional and predictable than Game of Thrones (i.e. don't expect too many main characters to die in the first few seasons), if they do this right, it has the potential to be epic (and bonus, the book series was actually completed before the filming started, albeit by a second author after the original author died before he could write the last book), Apparently, the execs like what they see so far, as it's already been renewed for a third season before the first 3 episodes drop tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by nafnikufesin View Post
                              The Wheel of Time premiers on Amazon Prime tomorrow. While the story is more traditional and predictable than Game of Thrones (i.e. don't expect too many main characters to die in the first few seasons), if they do this right, it has the potential to be epic (and bonus, the book series was actually completed before the filming started, albeit by a second author after the original author died before he could write the last book), Apparently, the execs like what they see so far, as it's already been renewed for a third season before the first 3 episodes drop tomorrow.
                              but is there copious amounts of nudity

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post
                                but is there copious amounts of nudity
                                On episode 2 (it releases at midnight in England, so it's already out)...so far just a butt scene. (The books were far more PG in nature than GoT, I would describe it as Lord of the Rings meets Harry Potter).

Comment

Working...
                                X