Around the CFL 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turftoe27 View Post

He seems more of a players coach with more interaction with them on the sidelines now than when he was here. Players seem ok with going over to talk to him. Seemed like he has settled down more now than when here. One thing i didn't like was that our punt returners " supposedly" were told to just catch the ball and not get into trouble with a fumble trying to get a big return. Not sure if this is fact or fiction, Just something I seem to recall. But JM sure made good use of Worthy and Philpot this year in the return game.
    Yeah, I remember that about returners. I think Maas even said it in one interview, though not exactly as stated. That said, the state of our Special Teams and the returners at that time, there wasn't any chance of a return and there were frequent fumbles or loss of yards on a return, so keeping the goals small might have been the right approach especially as our offense was still pretty decent under him.

I also agree about his sideline comportment, but by his last year, he had already turned the corner stopping the tantrums and talking to players calmly, but with the team going backwards, it was too late for him unless they would have managed to win the Eastern final.

Comment

The Atlanta Falcons have signed Canadian Football League all-star receiver Austin Mack. The 26-year-old made 78 receptions for 1,154 yards and four touchdowns this past season for Montreal. He was also a key part of the Alouettes’ offence during the team’s postseason run as he made 13 catches for 185 yards and two touchdowns, including […]
      Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

dunbar to als id guess

Comment

Dave Naylor
          @TSNDaveNaylor
          Getting many questions about why
          @CFL
          meetings are being held in Nashville? Coincides with American Football Coaches Convention so league can promote to coaches and players in USA. Smart move.#CFL

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
            Dave Naylor
            @TSNDaveNaylor
            Getting many questions about why
            @CFL
            meetings are being held in Nashville? Coincides with American Football Coaches Convention so league can promote to coaches and players in USA. Smart move.#CFL
            With interest of player safety in mine, it sounds like they are discussing some sort of rule change that would result in less kickoffs and punts.

Comment

Originally posted by Looner View Post

With interest of player safety in mine, it sounds like they are discussing some sort of rule change that would result in less kickoffs and punts.
              Dave Naylor
              @TSNDaveNaylor
              There are 2 options
              @CFL
              is considering on kickoffs: 1 — allow teams that surrender a touchdown to take the ball on own 40 yard line. Under this proposal, kickoffs would happen to start a game, start a half and during final 3 minutes to preserve ability to on-side kick.#CFL

In other rules news from Nashville, the
              @MTLAlouettes
              “dribble kick” play was discussed and indications are it may stay. Some would like to see it change so ball must pass first-down marker not just line of scrimmage.

And there is no momentum to legalize the “tush-push” in the
              @CFL
              . Currently players can push the pile but not a ball carrier, especially not from pre-snap formation. #CFL

Not sure about all the rest, but I am in favour of the change to the "dribble kick" rule. I'd like to see it continue, but I really think the ball should pass the first down marker.

Comment

Not sure about all the rest, but I am in favour of the change to the "dribble kick" rule. I'd like to see it continue, but I really think the ball should pass the first down marker.
                I'm with you on this one as of right now if you get into a second and 30 type situation, why wouldn't you try it.

Comment

Dave Naylor
                  @TSNDaveNaylor
                  There are 2 options
                  @CFL
                  is considering on kickoffs: 1 — allow teams that surrender a touchdown to take the ball on own 40 yard line. Under this proposal, kickoffs would happen to start a game, start a half and during final 3 minutes to preserve ability to on-side kick.#CFL

In other rules news from Nashville, the
                  @MTLAlouettes
                  “dribble kick” play was discussed and indications are it may stay. Some would like to see it change so ball must pass first-down marker not just line of scrimmage.

And there is no momentum to legalize the “tush-push” in the
                  @CFL
                  . Currently players can push the pile but not a ball carrier, especially not from pre-snap formation. #CFL

To me it's similar an onside kick, so it should have to be at least ten yards regardless where the first down marker or line of scrimmage is or if they want a rule to keep the dribble kick similar maybe make it five in those cases.
                  Last edited by bone; 01-11-2024, 11:10 AM.

Comment

https://3downnation.com/2024/01/11/q...ombers-report/

If Streveler comes back to the peg I suspect this will mean Brown will move on

Comment

https://3downnation.com/2024/01/11/q...ombers-report/

If Streveler comes back to the peg I suspect this will mean Brown will move on
                      I think I read somewhere that Brown already said he was going to move on.
                      Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Not sure how deep into the season it will be before he can return to action but BC has extended pending FA receiver Keon Hatcher for 3 years carrying him thru the 2026 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post
                          Not sure how deep into the season it will be before he can return to action but BC has extended pending FA receiver Keon Hatcher for 3 years carrying him thru the 2026 season.
                          good move, hope he comes back healthy

Comment

good move, hope he comes back healthy
                            Apparently he is on schedule with his recovery. No ETA but I'm thinking anything before Labour Day would be a bonus. LD would be 10 months after his injury so could be looking at closer to Thanksgiving, maybe even 2025.
                            Last edited by Hammer24; 01-15-2024, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post

Apparently he is on schedule with his recovery. No ETA but I'm thinking anything before Labour Day would be a bonus. LD would be 10 months after his injury so could be looking at closer to Thanksgiving, maybe even 2025.
                              Thanks for the info, league needs as many playmakers as we can get

Comment

One in, one out for BC. They have re-signed WR Alexander Hollins and released WR Dominique Rhymes. That leaves Cottoy as the most important receiver to get under wraps.

Comment

Working...
                                X