Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the CFL 2023

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Justin Dunk

    @JDunk12

    1h

    Redblacks’ QB Dru Brown’s two-year contract: $137,500 signing bonus $286,000 hard money in 2024 with $54,000 playtime incentives $355,000 hard money in 2025 with $45,000 playtime incentives

    The Ottawa Redblacks have signed quarterback Dru Brown to a two-year contract, tying him to the team through 2025. The move came one week after the Redblacks acquired his rights via trade from the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Per source, Brown received a $137,500 signing bonus and will earn $286,000 in hard money in 2024 with […]
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

    Comment


      Thanks Hugoagogo, always appreciate and enjoy your posts / links , seldomly say thanks.
      QB money is always a little “shocking” but with it goes HUGE responsibility for visible team success. As important as their role is, I often overlook / forget how much the play of the other 11 guys is so vital.
      Good luck to the RB’s, with 6 QB’s, you gotta believe 1 will rise above the rest.

      Comment


        Originally posted by couchspud View Post
        Thanks Hugoagogo, always appreciate and enjoy your posts / links , seldomly say thanks..
        Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

        Comment


          Trade between Hamilton & Toronto:

          To Hamilton - Nat LB Jordan Williams, Toronto’s first-round pick (seventh overall), second-round pick (16th overall), and fourth-round pick (36th overall) in the 2024 CFL Draft along with a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2024 CFL Draft.

          To Toronto - Hamilton’s first-round pick (fifth overall) and two third-round picks (24th and 25th overall) in the 2024 CFL Draft,a conditional third-round pick in the 2025 CFL Draft, and the negotiation rights to American receiver Deontay Burnett.
          Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

          Comment


            Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
            Trade between Hamilton & Toronto:

            To Hamilton - Nat LB Jordan Williams, Toronto’s first-round pick (seventh overall), second-round pick (16th overall), and fourth-round pick (36th overall) in the 2024 CFL Draft along with a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2024 CFL Draft.

            To Toronto - Hamilton’s first-round pick (fifth overall) and two third-round picks (24th and 25th overall) in the 2024 CFL Draft,a conditional third-round pick in the 2025 CFL Draft, and the negotiation rights to American receiver Deontay Burnett.
            All the wheeling and dealing Kevin Costner did in Draft Day doesn't match that trade.

            Comment


              Originally posted by turftoe27 View Post

              All the wheeling and dealing Kevin Costner did in Draft Day doesn't match that trade.
              Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

              Comment


                Originally posted by turftoe27 View Post

                All the wheeling and dealing Kevin Costner did in Draft Day doesn't match that trade.
                It was like leveling the legs on a table in reverse. Add a pick and it wobbles a bit too much that way. Other team adds another pick and it wobbles too much the other way. So add keep adding picks until it's level.

                Comment


                  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have officially brought back quarterback Chris Streveler, agreeing to terms on a one-year contract for the 2024 season. The six-foot-one, 216-pound passer spent the 2018 and 2019 seasons with the Blue Bombers, throwing for 2,698 yards, 19 touchdowns, and 19 interceptions and rushing for 1,167 yards and 22 touchdowns. He joined […]
                  Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

                  Comment


                    The Ottawa Redblacks have released Canadian offensive lineman Jacob Ruby prior to his offseason roster bonus. He was scheduled to receive $20,000 on February 1 as part of his $197,500 in hard money for the upcoming season, but instead becomes a free agent. Ruby was the team’s Most Oustanding Lineman while starting at right guard […]
                    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

                    Comment


                      Would love to have Ruby back

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Looner View Post

                        Would love to have Ruby back
                        Amen to that. I felt sorry for him in the way he left here. " Misrepresented his vaccination status " , Gets released and cannot sign with another team. Seems there was no leadership at all during the covid year. I can't remember much in the way of news coming from our front office during those days. Ruby had a family to support.

                        He made pretty good coin with Ottawa, Plus Desjarlais will make $ 260,000 plus bonuses this tear. Would have been almost half a mil for the two guards. Hopefully he catches on somewhere. Wish it was here.

                        Comment


                          Ottawa has signed G Dariusz Blazukl, likely cheaper than Ruby.

                          Comment


                            Lions get field DHB Marcus Sayles extended thru 2025 as well as 6'8 325# LG David Knevel. Knevel finally getting his big break in 2022 when he was expected to be the starting LG. He was slotted there on the first unit right from the start of camp until suffering a shoulder injury late in camp that would turn out to be season ending. Andrew Peirson took over and started the early part of last year. Knevel would recapture the spot after Labour Day and never looked back.

                            Knevel takes care of the last important piece amongst BC's offensive pending FAs. Now it's down to the 3 defensive starters in Betts, Hladik and Edwards-Cooper.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by turftoe27 View Post
                              Ottawa has signed G Dariusz Blazukl, likely cheaper than Ruby.
                              I think part of Ruby's release was to make room for last year's 1st overall pick Dontae Bull and 2022 2nd overall pick Zach Pelehos. If Ottawa thinks one or both are ready for prime time and a starting role Ruby could be a very expensive backup. Bladek not so much.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post

                                I think part of Ruby's release was to make room for last year's 1st overall pick Dontae Bull and 2022 2nd overall pick Zach Pelehos. If Ottawa thinks one or both are ready for prime time and a starting role Ruby could be a very expensive backup. Bladek not so much.
                                For sure. Their # 2 pick in the 2022 draft ,Hogan- Saindon, might get some playing time also. You can never have too many " Buffet Boys." Hopefully Ruby gets a spot somewhere. I seem to recall him being a backup at C here, also.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X