No announcement yet.

Around the CFL 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man.. Its going to be a hard sell the fans of the argos.... losing people left and right....

Comment

The Calgary Stampeders have agreed to terms with American quarterback Matthew Shiltz and, barring anything unforeseen, he’s expected to sign with the team, per sources. The six-foot-two, 205-pound passer started three games with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats this past season, posting a 2-1 record. He completed 67.1 percent of his passes for a career-high 1,556 yards, […]
      Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Damn was hoping he would stay in the East

Comment

The Montreal Alouettes have released veteran American defensive tackle Almondo Sewell, per sources. The 37-year-old had one year remaining on his contract with the team and was scheduled to make $145,000 in hard money, but will now hit the market after requesting his release. He played in 16 games for the Alouettes in 2023, registering […]

Comment

Hope we can grab him, I know he wants to be here so I imagine we would get him at a good rate

Comment

Off topic but I don’t want to start a thread for this: Do the Elks or any other CFL team do a land acknowledgment before the start of their games? I know the Oilers Flames and Canucks do

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Prez View Post
                Off topic but I don’t want to start a thread for this: Do the Elks or any other CFL team do a land acknowledgment before the start of their games? I know the Oilers Flames and Canucks do
                Ya, Chief Willy Littlechild is on our screen at Edmonton home games.

Comment

Originally posted by eskfan152 View Post
                  Ya, Chief Willy Littlechild is on our screen at Edmonton home games.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Prez View Post
                    Lions do.

Comment

Lost a lot of respect for the guy over the years. He can play, but hated the BS cheap shots and temper. Very selfish.
                      Chris Edwards has retired from professional football, he confirmed to 3DownNation via text message on Monday morning. The six-foot-two, 217-pound strong-side linebacker was a pending free agent and wasn’t going to be offered a contract to remain with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, general manager Ed Hervey indicated last month. Edwards declined to make a statement regarding his […]

Comment

Bob Irving on Twitter is saying the Blue Bomber great Kenny Ploen has passed away at the age of eighty eight. Played outstanding at DB as well as being an all star QB. He had made Winnipeg his home since retiring from football.

Comment

Sad news about Mr. K Ploen. I’m not sure how many here are old enough to have seen him play except for high lite footage.
                          Weren’t those the early days of television ? ( black and white)
                          Regardless, he was one of the all time great players in an era of heroic games. His contribution to the legacy of the Bombers will live on.

Comment

For anyone looking to see Kenny Ploen in action, all six of his Grey Cup appearances are available at the Grey Cup on Demand site, I've linked. 1961 was the year he was MVP, so that might be a good choice.

Watch Grey Cup Games on demand for free! Nearly 70 Grey Cup games available to stream in their full length.

Comment

The Toronto Argonauts have signed American running back Ka’Deem Carey to a one-year contract for the 2024 season worth around $125,000, per sources. Quad and turf toe injuries sidelined him for nine games with the Calgary Stampeders in 2023, however, he was able to average 5.3 yards per carry — better than any running back […]

Comment

Another loss to the CFL family
                                Legendary CFL player and multisport star Gerry James has passed away at the age of 89. The native of Regina played for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers from 1952 to 1962 and as a member of the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 1964. He recorded 994 carries for 5,554 yards and 57 touchdowns, was twice named the CFL’s […]

Comment

Working...
                                X