Around the CFL 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I suspect unless we can get a vet QB at a bargain, our QB lineup will not change much. I think Jones will be looking more at a guy like Matthew Shiltz.

Comment

Haha, love it or hate it, I don't think the $ is going to go to a QB. I may be wrong - guess we find out next month.
      Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Brandon Banks is a little upset with Canada LOL

https://twitter.com/speedybanks87/st...87902396739585

brandon banks

@speedybanks87
        Just wish them folks up there would just forget about me and leave me alone ! They really don’t like me in that country ! All I ever did was go play football; and have passion for the game (which they didnt like ) !

Comment

Originally posted by Looner View Post

brandon banks

@speedybanks87
          Just wish them folks up there would just forget about me and leave me alone ! They really don’t like me in that country ! All I ever did was go play football; and have passion for the game (which they didnt like ) !
          All I hear is a little mouse squeak whenever he opens his mouth

Comment

how delusional is he....

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post
              how delusional is he....
              No doubt

Comment

All I hear is a little mouse squeak whenever he opens his mouth
                his voice makes Mike Tyson sound like a Bass.

Comment

brandon banks

@speedybanks87
                  I find him tiresome I really do.
                  In Rod we trust

Comment

brandon banks

@speedybanks87
                    I always enjoyed his raw talent and intensity. He was exciting to watch through out his many seasons in the CFL.
                    Based on his tweet I suspect his football career will probably be the best days of his life. He will have many great stories to tell while “work’n at the car wash”.
                    Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Originally posted by glenvb View Post

I know I was looking pretty hard for good signs, but I think I was being too hopeful. His efficiency and TD/INT numbers were among the worst in the league last year (same issues he had in college), after this advance. Yes, guys can develop after a while, but very few late bloomers become Calvillo or Reilly. Maybe he'll do it, but that's a lottery. If he's under centre this year I'll cheer him on. Hope I'm wrong.
                      Totally agree with you. I forgot his stats. I’m still holding on to hope that Corny “seasons” well over the winter and comes out a better QB this year. I shouldn’t be so quick to dismiss Ford as a legitimate candidate as well.
                      With the snow swirling around us, it’s truly the time to dream of what can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
                        Dan Ralph reporting that Bo Mitchell will receive approx. $540k per year on his deal with Hamilton - more than he made last year with Calgary (based on reports last year from 3downnation.com) . Certainly doesn't leave a lot of room for a #2 QB.
                        I think Hamilton is quite high on last year's #3 Jamie Newman and will be happy to roll with him at #2.

Comment

Also MBT could leave Toronto.....

So we could have

Fatjoe
                          Evans
                          MBT all available...

and IMO we need a vet QB to back up. With Cornys up and down game if I was a starter who is a FA I would be interested in seeing Edmontons interest as IMO itd be easier to up seat Corny
                          I think if MBT.leaves Toronto ir's for retirement and wherever he lives in the US. If that happens Toronto could be one place that might be willing to take Evans contract as it is. They won't go all in on Kelly without a solid presence to combine with. Even in a wide open competition for #1 the salary commitments for a Kelly/Evans combo is what most teams carry. Commitments for both expire a year from now allowing the Argos plenty of time to reassess their direction between now and rhen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post

I think if MBT.leaves Toronto ir's for retirement and wherever he lives in the US. If that happens Toronto could be one place that might be willing to take Evans contract as it is. They won't go all in on Kelly without a solid presence to combine with. Even in a wide open competition for #1 the salary commitments for a Kelly/Evans combo is what most teams carry. Commitments for both expire a year from now allowing the Argos plenty of time to reassess their direction between now and rhen.
                            This makes sense, and Dan may see it as his best opportunity.

Comment

This makes sense, and Dan may see it as his best opportunity.
                              I’m wondering if his previous successful pairing with Massoli might take him to Ottawa if they give up on Caleb. ??

Comment

Originally posted by couchspud View Post

I’m wondering if his previous successful pairing with Massoli might take him to Ottawa if they give up on Caleb. ??
                                Yeah, both Evans and Arbuckle are free agents - will be interesting to see what Ottawa does.
                                Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Working...
                                X