Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around the CFL 2023

New Year - New Thread

Farhan Lalji has reported that Nathan Rourke has already received multiple NFL offers that include guaranteed money, with annual salary of at least US $700,000.
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Calgary Stampeders’ receiver Richie Sindani has been suspended two games for violating the CFL and CFL Player’s Association joint drug policy, the league announced Friday.

The native of Regina, Saskatchewan tested positive for the banned substances Methandienone and Stanozolol, both anabolic steroids.

Calgary Stampeders’ receiver Richie Sindani has been suspended two games for violating the CFL and CFL Player’s Association joint drug policy, the league announced Friday. The native of Regina, Saskatchewan tested positive for the banned substances Methandienone and Stanozolol, both anabolic steroids. Under the terms of the CFL’s drug policy, players who test positive or […]

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
      New Year - New Thread

Farhan Lalji has reported that Nathan Rourke has already received multiple NFL offers that include guaranteed money, with annual salary of at least US $700,000.
      Rourke still has a couple more NFL workouts lined up for next week so probably week of the 16th before the final verdict is known​​​​​​​.

The salary which Farhan should report as $750K because that's what NFL min will be in 2023. It will be the least of Rourke's concerns and meaningless in his decision. Any formal proposals he receives will be for $750K. The biggest factor will be the opportunity itself and maybe any bonuses or money guarantees. There could be fluctuation there one offer vs the next but I don't think that will matter if the opportunity doesn't meet Rourke's expectations. He knows being able to compete for the starting job will not be on the table. He wants a legitimate crack at being the #2 QB. Offers to compete for #3/PR need not.apply.

Comment

I dunno.... if someone offered me a **** ton of cash to be third string... I'd bite. Cash rules all.

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post
          I dunno.... if someone offered me a **** ton of cash to be third string... I'd bite. Cash rules all.
          especially since his ceiling and pension down there is considerably higher then in the CFL

Comment

That can be like the bird in the hand analogy. He knows he is a lock to make CDN$500K in Canada for maybe the next decade barring injury. He might make USD$750K in the US and he might not. He comes across as a guy who is willing to roll the dice on the latter in the right situation but would not be satisfied to get splinters from the bench and a clipboard. He wants to play more than anything but doesn't want to be in a situation where he has to wait for 2 or 3 other guys to get hurt to see the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post
              That can be like the bird in the hand analogy. He knows he is a lock to make CDN$500K in Canada for maybe the next decade barring injury. He might make USD$750K in the US and he might not. He comes across as a guy who is willing to roll the dice on the latter in the right situation but would not be satisfied to get splinters from the bench and a clipboard. He wants to play more than anything but doesn't want to be in a situation where he has to wait for 2 or 3 other guys to get hurt to see the field.
              I'd like to agree with you and would love to see him back in the CFL... but the difference between 500k CDN and 750 US is staggering and I'd suspect he'd take the NFL job.

IMO He'll sign with the Raiders as that does appear to the best option for him in regards to being 2nd string and even playing. Carr is done.

Comment

I'd like to agree with you and would love to see him back in the CFL... but the difference between 500k CDN and 750 US is staggering and I'd suspect he'd take the NFL job.

IMO He'll sign with the Raiders as that does appear to the best option for him in regards to being 2nd string and even playing. Carr is done.
                I think the Vegas situation would have been better for him with Carr starting. However with him out of the picture I'm reading that they are willing to go with Stidham next year barring scooping.up.a QB in the early rounds of the draft. Either way they would want a backup with NFL experience. Typically the more inexperienced the starter the more experience the team would like with their #2

Comment

Winnipeg DB Tyrell Ford has signed with the NFL's Green Bay Packers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
                    Winnipeg DB Tyrell Ford has signed with the NFL's Green Bay Packers.
                    Thats a bit of a surprise, didn't think he made all that much of an impact last year.

Comment

Big blow for the Bombers and the league. Hope this does not become a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Looner View Post

Thats a bit of a surprise, didn't think he made all that much of an impact last year.
                        Just wondering if G.B. will give him a try as a kick returner. Ford was outstanding as a KR in Cdn. U. ball. Ford never got much of a chance as a returner in Winnipeg with Janarian Grant in town. Might also show well as a tackler on ST's.

Comment

Originally posted by turftoe27 View Post

Just wondering if G.B. will give him a try as a kick returner. Ford was outstanding as a KR in Cdn. U. ball. Ford never got much of a chance as a returner in Winnipeg with Janarian Grant in town. Might also show well as a tackler on ST's.
                          Never thought of that, good point

Comment

Originally posted by Looner View Post

The NFL doesn't really care what he and others did in the CFL. It's Tyrell Ford the athlete and raw football talent that interests them. They can mould an athletically gifted but raw football talent into a good NFL football player but it's next to impossible to turn an average athlete into a outstanding athlete/good player.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post

The NFL doesn't really care what he and others did in the CFL. It's Tyrell Ford the athlete and raw football talent that interests them. They can mould an athletically gifted but raw football talent into a good NFL football player but it's next to impossible to turn an average athlete into a outstanding athlete/good player.
                              For sure but how many players go from the CIS to the CFL, play very little and then get a NFL gig the next year? That was what surprised me.

Comment

Working...
                              X