Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Elksherd 19th Annual (2024) CFL Pool Thread --- With Prizes!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After last week and last night.. I’m def not winning the pool this year.. wtf is going on lol

Comment

...and another week has passed, with naf taking a commanding lead at 16-4! How he managed to get such a strong record in such an unpredictable beginning of the season, I'll never know (says the guy whose record is basically a series of coin flips). Couchspud is firmly in second place, with bone and eskfan152 nipping at his heels.

Get your picks in for next week!
      Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

4-0 with 2 bonus points is a pretty solid week, though not as good as my previous week that was 4-0 with a correct Pizmo special

Comment

Though the "collective wisdom" on the CFL Predictions Page is 15-5, so maybe things haven't been as unpredictable as it seems. FYI They have a "Coin Flipper" that is sitting at 90th place with a record of 9-11.
          Last edited by nafnikufesin; 07-08-2024, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nafnikufesin View Post
            Though the "collective wisdom" on the CFL Predictions Page is 15-5, so maybe things haven't been as unpredictable as it seems. FYI They have a "Coin Flipper" that is sitting at 90th place with a record of 9-11.
            The Pizmo special is killing me this year as I don't always use it and it's been paying dividends this season so far.

I'm generally doing well picking the winner at 14-6 but 3 points back of couchspud who is also 14-6, and tied with esksfan despite him being 12-8.

8 bonus points to naf this early all from going with the Pizmo score is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post

The Pizmo special is killing me this year as I don't always use it and it's been paying dividends this season so far.

I'm generally doing well picking the winner at 14-6 but 3 points back of couchspud who is also 14-6, and tied with esksfan despite him being 12-8.

8 bonus points to naf this early all from going with the Pizmo score is impressive.
              I miss that guy
              In Rod we trust

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post

I actually was using 30-20 as my score even before it was renamed in Pizmo's honor (maybe it has something to do with being named "Ernie"? ). I was just in the process of switching my strategy to 31-21 when we were "challenged" to honor him, so I had no problem with going back. Picking the score is so random with a lot of luck involved anyway, so those are reasonable average scores for the winning and losing team to gamble on. Some years it has worked great, and others it has missed completely. Can't argue about the results so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by nafnikufesin View Post

I actually was using 30-20 as my score even before it was renamed in Pizmo's honor (maybe it has something to do with being named "Ernie"? ). I was just in the process of switching my strategy to 31-21 when we were "challenged" to honor him, so I had no problem with going back. Picking the score is so random with a lot of luck involved anyway, so those are reasonable average scores for the winning and losing team to gamble on. Some years it has worked great, and others it has missed completely. Can't argue about the results so far this year.
                  I won the pool a couple years ago using the Pizmo special! Although it did come with an asterisk. In one of the final games of the regular season I accidentally submitted one score 20-3 instead of 20-30, and my mistake resulted in an accidental win that did lead to me winning the pool.

Comment

Yeah, the bonus points can help in a tight race, but for the most part it still comes down to picking the right team...whether by accident or not lol

Comment

OK folks, naf is starting dominate like I did last year. He's got a six point lead. Let's rein him in this week!

Couchspud is the next closest, followed by bone and cmbuk. Naf's got a big lead, but there is loads of time to catch up.

Get your picks in!

Comment

Hey Glen! Looks to me like I’m in third!

Comment

Goodness gracious. After updating every week for ten years, I've made a mistake!

Comment

Haha! We’ll forget this ever happened!

Comment

Working...
                            X