This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around the CFL - 2015

A place for all non-Eskimo related training camp news, notes, transactions, etc.

Argos being cautious with Ray leading into training camp.

http://www.tsn.ca/argos-cautious-wit...rgery-1.293082

Re: Around the CFL - 2015 Training Camps

Harris is a capable back up, but he's no Ricky Ray. With all the changes the Argos have made at receiver, it will probably take some time for Ray to find a groove with his new crew. Expect the Argos to be slow out of the gate to start the season.

edit - Argos have added another arm to TC to help out, recruiting ex-Alabama starter Blake Sims.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 05-27-2015, 01:23 PM.
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
      Harris is a capable back up, but he's no Ricky Ray. With all the changes the Argos have made at receiver, it will probably take some time for Ray to find a groove with his new crew. Expect the Argos to be slow out of the gate to start the season.

edit - Argos have added another arm to TC to help out, recruiting ex-Alabama starter Blake Sims.
      All the better facing them on opening week.

Comment

Originally posted by Section N View Post
        my thoughts exactly

Comment

http://www.tsn.ca/argos-pick-waud-le...skins-1.292493

Argos draft pick has left the Redskins and will likely sign with the team this week.

Comment

cfl.ca has posted important dates for training camp. Here are some key ones:

Rookie Camps – Wednesday, May 27
            Veterans Report – Saturday, May 30
            Training Camps open – Sunday, May 31
            First Roster Cuts – Sunday, June 14
            - Prior to 11:59pm ET on Sunday June 14, all CFL teams must reduce their roster to 65 players.
            Final Roster Cuts – Saturday, June 20
            - As of 10:00pm ET on Saturday, teams are required to reduce their roster of players under contract to 46 active players (excluding 6-game injured and those transferred to the one game injured list). Three of the active players must be identified as quarterbacks and a team must carry a minimum of 20 National players. Also known as ‘Cut-Down Day’.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/looking-ah...ing-camp-dates

Comment

We don't have a rookie camp though right?

Comment

Originally posted by cmbuk View Post
                I believe coach didn't do it last year, and will not be doing it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
                  I believe coach didn't do it last year, and will not be doing it this year.
                  That's what I thought... And I couldn't seem to find anything so assumed same again..

Wonder if there might be a few late additional... Kaufmann for example.. He hasn't been announced yet

Comment

Not much to report from Winnipeg due to my schedule, but as I mentioned in the off-season thread, a change at starter for running back might be in the wind.
                    R.I.P. Coach Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Section N View Post
                      In that interview, Ray sounded like it'd be VERY unlikely for him to be on the field for the Fort Mac game.
                      Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Some of us don't get Toronto OR B.C. for half the season...
                        R.I.P. Coach Harris

Comment

Originally posted by cmbuk View Post
                          Technically the mini camp in Florida was essentially our rookie/evaluation camp.
                          Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

Comment

The Stamps received their rings...look pretty good which I hate to admit. Simple and not over the top.
                            Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

Comment

I have noticed lately that on the Eve on main camps that there have been a few retirements (Hughes and Pottinger just to name two). I am just wondering the purpose behind this? I am guessing that the management went to the player and said, hey we are going to go with someone younger (and my guess cheaper) in that position this season, so you can either retire or get cut. I know in the NFL there a certain bonuses that kick in March or April (after the Super Bowl) for players so that is why there are cuts right around that time there (the bonus money counts against the cap for the next season), is there nothing in the CFL like that.
                              "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

"The only thing I ever feared was failure" - Dan Kepley

Comment

Working...
                              X