• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grey Cup games "on demand" for free in 2021

The 2000-09 games are now up.
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

I have to admit I've enjoyed watching these. Makes it even better when you were actually there, watching like..."hey! I just saw myself!" Lol.
      Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

Comment

Only one more Grey Cup appearance to wait for now - 2015 was a fantastic game, and Amazing that it was just over 5 years ago. So much has changed with the team, with only 5 players left from that 2015 season, 4 of them playing in that last Grey Cup win.
        #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
        @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

Franklin showed so much potential early. It would have been amazing to see it come to fruition.

My bad - meant to post this in the season thread. Oh, well
          Last edited by Hugoagogo; 04-10-2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 56Parkies View Post
            Only one more Grey Cup appearance to wait for now - 2015 was a fantastic game, and Amazing that it was just over 5 years ago. So much has changed with the team, with only 5 players left from that 2015 season, 4 of them playing in that last Grey Cup win.
            Just finished watching the 2005 GC game...man as much as I loved the '81 championship game against Ottawa the Esks victory over the Als in Vancouver was just an unbelievable game. Has to be in the top 5 all-time IMO.
            “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Franklin showed so much potential early. It would have been amazing to see it come to fruition.
              Just wait...the greenwhites will haul out a "desk drawer" contract

Joking aside, it is surprising... I thought, in the right environment, he could be a starter. Never found that environment.
              Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by adb View Post
                Just finished watching the 2005 GC game...man as much as I loved the '81 championship game against Ottawa the Esks victory over the Als in Vancouver was just an unbelievable game. Has to be in the top 5 all-time IMO.
                Personally I still after all these years have the 2005 GC as my #1 game all time. Great back and forth game to settle the Edmonton-Montreal battles of the 2000s.
                Check out my stuff on Avrysports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blogger Avry View Post
                  Personally I still after all these years have the 2005 GC as my #1 game all time. Great back and forth game to settle the Edmonton-Montreal battles of the 2000s.

One of the smartest plays I have ever seen a football player make in the heat of the battle happened late in that game when AJ Gass saw that his defense wasn't prepared for the Als lining up to pass and tried to take a time out and saw that the refs were ignoring him so he just barrels through the D line and takes an intentional offside penalty. Simply brilliant IMO. Have never seen anyone else do something like that as far as I can recall.
                  “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Comment

Originally posted by adb View Post
                    One of the smartest plays I have ever seen a football player make in the heat of the battle happened late in that game when AJ Gass saw that his defense wasn't prepared for the Als lining up to pass and tried to take a time out and saw that the refs were ignoring him so he just barrels through the D line and takes an intentional offside penalty. Simply brilliant IMO. Have never seen anyone else do something like that as far as I can recall.
                    I tell u what I don’t miss is all those ‘injuries’ after every punt from wolverine and co.. it’s clearly a slow down tactic for whatever reason Danny decided he wanted to do it.. but it was nearly always Mike or Bertrand who amazingly went down.. but we’re perfectly fine for the next one..

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X