Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Elksherd 16th Annual (2021) CFL Pool Thread - With Prizes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Elksherd 16th Annual (2021) CFL Pool Thread - With Prizes!

Hey all,

WE'RE BACK.

No earthquake, nuclear blast, or even a global pandemic can stop us.

The long-awaited CFL season is about to begin, coincidentally on the same day as the event for which it exists --- the Elksherd CFL Pool. Prizes again will be offered, to the top two finishers!

Rules

The pool works as follows: pick the winners of the games, and scores. That's it. For every game, you get:

* 2 points for picking the winner.
    * a bonus point for getting the exact score for one of the two teams.
    * a total of 3 bonus points if you hit the final score precisely for both teams.

The pool will run until the end of the Grey Cup game.

Prizes

It's a lot of fun, and mostly harmless. The top 2 based on total points will receive 1 item of their choosing from the elksherd.ca shop: http://www.elksherd.ca/forum/shop.php

In the event of a points tie for 2nd place, the first tie breaker is "Wins". If still tied, we will have a random draw or flip a coin or have a 3rd party pick a number between 1 and 10 or whatever silly tie-breaking method I decide.

Access

To get to the pool from the site's main page, click "Forum" on the green menu bar. Then, on the yellow menu bar, click "CFL Pool". From there, you'll figure it out.

All the regular season games have now been entered, so predict as many as you want now. I'll be sending out weekly reminders a couple of days before each week's games.

WARNING: Due to some uncertainty about how the time zones work on the new site, I used Pacific time... which means that the pool prediction MIGHT end as much as three hours before game time. After the first week, we'll know.

ALSO NOTE: Due to a site hiccup, the first game of the season is entered twice. Please put your prediction in for both games. One of the two will disappear shortly.

FINALLY: If you predict a score 30-20, you will earn my undying respect and a tip of the cap from upstairs... Pizmo used to predict with this score in almost every game.

Good luck!

Cheers, Glen VB

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: Can some mod "unsticky" the 2019 pool thread, and "sticky" this thread? Thanks!
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Re: Official Elksherd 16th Annual (2021) CFL Pool Thread - With Prizes!

thank you for doing this Glen.
    In Rod we trust

Comment

Originally posted by glenvb View Post
      WARNING: Due to some uncertainty about how the FINALLY: If you predict a score 30-20, you will earn my undying respect and a tip of the cap from upstairs... Pizmo used to predict with this score in almost every game.
      I wonder if that's an Ernie thing

Comment

Thanks again glen

Comment

Thanks Glen!!!!!

Comment

Thanks as always, Glen - feels pretty awesome to be putting in predictions again!
            #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
            @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

Thank you Glen as always for this!
              Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

Comment

Thanks Glen!

Comment

Oh man, I forgot this was a thing. 0-4 to start the week, but let's see if we can turn things around.
                  Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

Comment

Well, that was an, um, great week for our picks in the pool. Only FOUR of us managed to get to .500, picking 2-and-2 (Esks4ever, naf, Esks4thewin, and tigerdar). Esks4ever takes first place, grabbing a bonus point by hitting exactly the 19 points that Winnipeg scored --- although, true to form for all of us this week, he picked the wrong team to win

OK everyone, the world will return to normal this week, right?! Get your picks in! Games start TONIGHT!!
                    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Curious if anyone else doesn't have Stamps/Lions game showing up for tonight?

#PizStrong

Comment

Originally posted by glenvb View Post
                        Well, that was an, um, great week for our picks in the pool. Only FOUR of us managed to get to .500, picking 2-and-2 (Esks4ever, naf, Esks4thewin, and tigerdar). Esks4ever takes first place, grabbing a bonus point by hitting exactly the 19 points that Winnipeg scored --- although, true to form for all of us this week, he picked the wrong team to win

OK everyone, the world will return to normal this week, right?! Get your picks in! Games start TONIGHT!!
                        Good thing for me it was a bad week for predictions as I was away and didn't get mine in. I probably would have been about the same, though I probably would have picked Hamilton over Winnipeg and only got 2 points. Less of a hole to dig out of.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by stamphater View Post
                        Shows up on mine.

Comment

It was there earlier but gone now. My selection is still in the results page though

Comment

Damn. My new host is in the UK so I am thinking it is pulling GMT time. I changed the time a couple hours and it's back. I will have to find a fix for this.
                            "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Comment

Seems to have shown up now...Thank you!

#PizStrong

Comment

Working...
                              X