Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDT: Week 14 - Saskatchewan @ Edmonton - The Final (Home) Stand

Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

“REC Derel Walker (hip/groin), REC Greg Ellingson (hip), RB James Wilder Jr. (ankle), OL Justin Renfrow (knee), and LB Nyles Morgan (personal) have all been placed on the 1-game injured list. Jake Ceresna returns on the D-line. Fletcher starts at RB. A. Edwards returns. #Elks #CFL https://t.co/RqEnangLV3”

Comment

This is going to be ugly. Only reason I’m going is because my kids love going to the games and a night out with my boys is important to me.

Comment

Can the white number curse be broken??????

ever?? Lol

Comment

Such an easy bet to make money on. Then again, I took the Bengals last week in the NFL in what I thought was a sure thing, so anything could happen.

Comment

Believe this is the first time Moore has been listed as a DE. Maybe a bit more heft on the line the way we have been run against. Hope Nelson gets a fair amount of playing time, will help him that Jake is back. Interesting that we might be dressing eight D linemen.

Two rookies starting on the Oline and a second year player. Should give Cornelius track shoes rather than football cleats.

Comment

Originally posted by turftoe27 View Post
              Believe this is the first time Moore has been listed as a DE. Maybe a bit more heft on the line the way we have been run against. Hope Nelson gets a fair amount of playing time, will help him that Jake is back. Interesting that we might be dressing eight D linemen.

Two rookies starting on the Oline and a second year player. Should give Cornelius track shoes rather than football cleats.

Comment

No Arbuckle eh?

Literally the only thing that made me slightly interested in going to this game and he’s not even on the roster.

Last home game of the year and they bring a roster that says they’re not even trying to win. Just show up and get that paycheque.

Maybe Nick just isn’t ready yet but Cornelius has done nothing to earn another start.

Comment

Will anyone even notice that Walker is out?

Comment

Originally posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
                    No Arbuckle eh?

Literally the only thing that made me slightly interested in going to this game and he’s not even on the roster.

Last home game of the year and they bring a roster that says they’re not even trying to win. Just show up and get that paycheque.

Maybe Nick just isn’t ready yet but Cornelius has done nothing to earn another start.
                    I am hoping the plan is to get Arbuckle in for some series. Maybe he doesn't quite know the playbook perfectly but what's the worst that can happen they lose? I am pretty sure they know how to do that with Cornelius.
                    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sectionq View Post

I am hoping the plan is to get Arbuckle in for some series. Maybe he doesn't quite know the playbook perfectly but what's the worst that can happen they lose? I am pretty sure they know how to do that with Cornelius.
                      Arbuckle isn't even on the depth chart, so he will definitely not be in for any snaps at all.
                      #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                      @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Sectionq View Post

Are you saying that they are dressing 3 QBs?

Comment

Originally posted by OldEsksFan View Post

Are you saying that they are dressing 3 QBs?
                          The depth chart is the first item on this thread. Arbuckle isn't on it - he's not dressing.
                          #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                          @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

No Arbuckle eh?

It might very well be the opposite. The veteran "star" players haven't got it done at all this year. Particularly at home. Maybe this is them trying to bottle some youthful energy with players fighting for jobs next year hoping it's enough to pull off an upset. Though 8 starting Nationals plus a starting global player on offense is an interesting wrinkle.
                            Last edited by bone; 11-05-2021, 08:50 AM.

Comment

No Arbuckle eh?

$2 hot dogs and a big 50/50.

I'm going out on that limb once again and predicting an Elks victory. Theoretically there is a law of averages.

Sask was not that good last game against a stout Als defense. Special teams is due for a good game and the future is now for Walter Fletcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X