Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Week 15 - Edmonton at Saskatchewan - The beginning of a very crazy road trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bone View Post
    Lots of chatter on the end of game PI. I’m not sure the PI leading to the Sask TD was really PI either but TSN made sure not to give a good replay angle for us to see it despite lots of time to show us after the refs gave Saskatchewan about 20 minutes to figure out who they wanted on the field for the next play.

On another note. Interesting to hear a ref actually utter the phrase “**** them” on microphone about a team.
    I'd be in favor of giving the coaches more challenges. I hated how much it slowed the game down, but I also hate games being decided by bogus calls. Or perhaps give the command center more power when it comes to egregious calls. I'm not sure what the solution is, but things need to change.
    @chadganske

Comment

Originally posted by Moose Head View Post

I'd be in favor of giving the coaches more challenges. I hated how much it slowed the game down, but I also hate games being decided by bogus calls. Or perhaps give the command center more power when it comes to egregious calls. I'm not sure what the solution is, but things need to change.
      Or maybe leave things as they are but uncouple challenges from TO’s. I realize this could effectively end up giving teams an extra TO, or even two I suppose but I don’t think that’s worse than the situation we found ourselves in yesterday necessarily.

I dunno, just spitballin’

Comment

Originally posted by widowmaker View Post
        I think I just heard a morbidly obese woman signing.
        what was she signing?

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post

what was she signing?
          Nice catch!

I wish that I said that more often about our receivers.

-Keep on Elking!!
          Last edited by widowmaker; 11-15-2021, 01:42 PM.
          https://fontmeme.com/permalink/22103...7f700e4989.png

Comment

With a better record it would be easy to appreciate the effort the team made. Command Center gave the game to Sask imo but what else is new.

Almost a worst case scenario for Sunderland to come out of this looking good.

Comment

I didn't really watch the game other than a couple of mins while I was flipping channels. They didn't get whipped which was a nice surprise for me as I figured the Riders at home needing the win to lock up home field would stomp them. Another game where I hear on all the radio shows they were "close" but find a way to lose. I watched some highlights and once again Cornelius did some things to look decent but then doesn't do enough to win a game, missed some key throws and the last drive was a prime example. Throws a terrible pick.
              Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

Comment

Originally posted by estayfan View Post

Agreed. NFL refs don't control the outcome.
                Did you watch the Chicago/Pittsburgh game last week? I'd say they do...

Comment

Originally posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
                  On a positive note I thought Lyon on the corner stood out for a second straight week so maybe that’s something to build on as well. Yes he had made a mistake on the one touchdown but generally he seems to have big play potential.

The frustrating thing yesterday was each phase of the team played well enough to win at times, but it seemed that we could never get all three playing well at the same time.
                  Agreed for the offense and defense, but Special Teams was almost -150 in yards gained and -25 in penalties. Couple that with O'Neill typically kicking about 7 yards less per kick than other kickers, it's a small miracle the offense and defense made a game of it. Yes, it was nice to see the Special Teams get that turnover that led to the first TD, but they immediately gave it back on the next kick and overall they were their usual gong show, including a too many men call on the first punt of the game. How does a team screw up who's on the field for the first attempt of the game!!!
                  Last edited by bone; 11-15-2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post

Agreed for the offense and defense, but Special Teams was almost -150 in yards gained and -25 in penalties. Couple that with O'Neill typically kicking about 7 yards less per kick than other kickers, it's a small miracle the offense and defense made a game of it. Yes, it was nice to see the Special Teams get that turnover that led to the first TD, but they immediately gave it back on the next kick and overall they were their usual gong show, including a too many men call on the first punt of the game. How does a team screw up who's on the field for the first attempt of the game!!!
                    That’s true. It’s gotten to the point where if the STs make the odd play or two I think of it as being a good performance, the TD return just felt like business as usual lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dealerd View Post

That’s not true as I listen to sports radio in the USA and they are constantly complaining how terrible the reffing has been and costing team games I hear it more than ever this year
                      Not at all.
                      Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
                      Pizmo Loves Nanookster

Comment

Originally posted by Nanookster View Post

Not at all.
                        Yeah, they are. Pay closer attention man. There have been some poorly reffed NFL games this year. It's not a CFL-only issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X