Week 16 (part one of two): Edmonton @ Toronto - The Road Trip Continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 16 (part one of two): Edmonton @ Toronto - The Road Trip Continues

Expanded roster - who is willing to fight for a job?

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 11-15-2021, 12:53 PM.
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Still no Arbuckle? What did you bring him in for if you aren't going to play him. This is is old team, he probably would have been motivated so why not play him! I don't get it.
      Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sectionq View Post
        Still no Arbuckle? What did you bring him in for if you aren't going to play him. This is is old team, he probably would have been motivated so why not play him! I don't get it.
        There really is no logical explanation unless there's still some injury issues from his injury earlier in the year. The conspiracy theorist side of me wonders if it's a vaccination status thing, but there isn't a restriction on travel yet for that and Wilder is back in. Anything else though doesn't make sense.

Why wouldn't you at least dress a guy you traded an asset for, and signed to starter money at least as a backup in a stretch where you play 3 games in 150 hours. It's completely absurd, or rather, precisely on script for what we'd expect from this management/coaching team.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post

There really is no logical explanation unless there's still some injury issues from his injury earlier in the year. The conspiracy theorist side of me wonders if it's a vaccination status thing, but there isn't a restriction on travel yet for that and Wilder is back in. Anything else though doesn't make sense.

Why wouldn't you at least dress a guy you traded an asset for, and signed to starter money at least as a backup in a stretch where you play 3 games in 150 hours. It's completely absurd, or rather, precisely on script for what we'd expect from this management/coaching team.
          I totally agree with you. I don't get it at all. If you aren't going to play the guy in a lost season then why the hell did you bother to trade for him or rush to resign the guy? I don't know why you wouldn't want to see what the guy can do. Split time with Cornelius if you have too. Nothing of what this team does gives me any kind of reassurance they know what they are doing. There is literally zero negative to at least dressing Arbuckle and giving him some series. I am assuming this roster will be completely overhauled AGAIN. So maybe Arbuckle can find some chemistry with a receiver or 2 so it helps the organization make decisions on who to keep.
          Last edited by Sectionq; 11-15-2021, 01:24 PM.
          Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

Comment

elizondo can get bent.

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post

elizondo can get bent.
              I agree. But also, where the hell is Brock? He traded for and resigned Arbuckle, make Elizondo play the guy. Do something!!

Maybe I should be looking at this the other way. Maybe this is Brock's doing. If the Elks lose out and Ottawa loses their last game, they would have the same record and Ottawa should get the tie breaker because they beat the Elks twice. So maybe he is holding Arbuckle out for fear they might actually win a game. I don't see Cornelius winning a start. Too many mistakes at bad times.

Comment

REVISED DEPTH CHART - Terry Williams was listed as kick returner - he is not dressing for the game.

Comment

I’m starting to wonder if this may be a reflection of how Arbuckle’s looked in practice…

Couldn’t beat out MBT in TO for the starting role and now seemingly can’t even beat out Prukop for a back up spot.

Comment

Originally posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
                    I’m starting to wonder if this may be a reflection of how Arbuckle’s looked in practice…

Couldn’t beat out MBT in TO for the starting role and now seemingly can’t even beat out Prukop for a back up spot.
                    honestly I think both clubs are playing "this is my boi" favorites..... Bethel has looked like hot ass for weeks. Yet he never gets pulled.

Cornhole has been meh and if we are going with Corny and Buckle we should see Buckle soon I'd bet Buckle starts after this game... if Poops goes then...well...

Comment

I wonder if the Argos will sit any starters? They have first place locked up and the bye so you would be potentially saving key vets from injury but if they don't play their starters, then it's 3 weeks between games and there is the rust factor to consider.

Comment

I wonder if the Argos will sit any starters? They have first place locked up and the bye so you would be potentially saving key vets from injury but if they don't play their starters, then it's 3 weeks between games and there is the rust factor to consider.
                        Considering it's only 4 days after the last game, I doubt rust will be as much of a consideration as health since there isn't a huge difference between 18 days off vs. 22. I suspect since they can dress extras as well, they'll try to get everyone in for some reps.

Looks like they listed Pipkin as the starter though, which is probably a bit of a tell in terms of whether they'll be focusing on getting time for the regular starters vs. backups.

There's also quite the list with 17 players on the 1 game injured, 13 of which weren't on the 1-game on Friday, and I'd be pretty confident in saying quite a few of them would be playing in the Eastern Final. Several others who were starters Friday (I think I count 5 more) aren't starters tomorrow. 7 starters from Friday are starting tomorrow, Collins (HB), Butler (S), Richards(HB), Tuggle (LB), Ray (DE), Richards (LG) and Brissett (SB), everyone else is different. All but one Practice Roster player has been activated for tomorrow.

https://www.argonauts.ca/roster/
                        https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.ne...EDMdepth53.pdf
                        Last edited by bone; 11-15-2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post

Considering it's only 4 days after the last game, I doubt rust will be as much of a consideration as health since there isn't a huge difference between 18 days off vs. 22. I suspect since they can dress extras as well, they'll try to get everyone in for some reps.

Looks like they listed Pipkin as the starter though, which is probably a bit of a tell in terms of whether they'll be focusing on getting time for the regular starters vs. backups.

There's also quite the list with 17 players on the 1 game injured, 13 of which weren't on the 1-game on Friday, and I'd be pretty confident in saying quite a few of them would be playing in the Eastern Final.

https://www.argonauts.ca/roster/
                          https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.ne...EDMdepth53.pdf
                          If the Elks win, I can't wait to hear Dave Campbell and Morley Scott raving about how "gutsy" the Elks team would be winning that game when the Argos will be probably sitting out players and have nothing to play for.

Comment

If the Elks win, I can't wait to hear Dave Campbell and Morley Scott raving about how "gutsy" the Elks team would be winning that game when the Argos will be probably sitting out players and have nothing to play for.
                            In some ways, it would still be a bit valid as these Argo players are basically all backups and PR players, so the individuals have something to play for... staying on the roster to get a playoff paycheque or getting a contract next year. It won't be an easy win, but it should be winnable against lesser talent than the normal starting Argo roster.

I'd say if they win Friday in BC they should deserve some credit for gutting it out as they should be exhausted by the end of that game while BCs sitting at home sleeping in their own beds all week with a proper week of practice and preparation and the team doesn't need to sit players for a playoff game.
                            Last edited by bone; 11-15-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I agree. But also, where the hell is Brock? He traded for and resigned Arbuckle, make Elizondo play the guy. Do something!!

Maybe I should be looking at this the other way. Maybe this is Brock's doing. If the Elks lose out and Ottawa loses their last game, they would have the same record and Ottawa should get the tie breaker because they beat the Elks twice. So maybe he is holding Arbuckle out for fear they might actually win a game. I don't see Cornelius winning a start. Too many mistakes at bad times.
                              I almost get the feeling this is Elizondo thinking his only chance to stay is to prove he has developed the answer at qb and Cornelious is his guy. While Brock has done the same thing bringing in Arbuckle to prove he has the answer going forward.
                              As for Brock not forcing the issue, this may be the case of letting Elizondo tie his own noose.

Only other thing I can come up with is Cornelious has some pictures on Elizondo from the days in the XFL haha

Comment

Working...
                              X