No announcement yet.

Week 16 (part II) - Edmonton @ BC - The End Is Nigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entire CFL could have been a lot better this year. For the league to not acknowledge there are major issues would be very short sighted imo.

Will be sad if the football ops cap stands in the way of getting rid of Sunderland even with the undeserved payout that he will receive along with Elizondo. Presson is not the guy to start from scratch with so he needs to go as well with one year left. Hire someone from Edmonton who understands and get back on track.

Not sure an Elks player makes the All Star team this year which says something right there.

Comment

Originally posted by bombervu View Post
      Not sure an Elks player makes the All Star team this year which says something right there.
      Sure does... Trevor Harris, Walker, Ellingson, ... should have been plenty of representation if players had performed to their usual levels.
      Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sectionq View Post
        So they aren't even going to put Arbuckle in for 1 freaking game? Not even the last one. Like what the hell is going on with this team? What was the point of the trade if you aren't even going to paly the guy once! Then you signed the GUY mid season. If you aren't going to play him at all this year, you could have literally signed him in the offseason and not spent the assets. This team sucks right now so I don't think they are in a position to be blowing assets on guys you don't even play!!! This team is seriously run by a bunch of clowns. I can't wait to see someone spin this as a good move on the Elks part.
        Maybe the thinking is if they don't play him it's easier to try selling him to the market as the next exciting EE QB hope. If they play him with what was obviously a team totally out of gas last night and he struggles badly what do they have to market in the offseason? Easier to sell hope in the first scenario. Not easy in the second.
        Last edited by Hammer24; 11-20-2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post

Maybe the thinking is if they don't play him it's easier to try selling him to the market as the next exciting EE QB hope. If they play him with what was obviously a team totally out of gas last night and he struggles badly what do they have to market in the offseason? Easier to sell hope in the first scenario. Not easy in the second.
          They didn't have to wait till last night to play him.
          @chadganske

Comment

Originally posted by Mudnyereye View Post
            Not that Suter knows **** about anything but they were talking during the play at some point and saying that it doesn’t sound like there will be any changes coming next year from either BS or Elizondo..
            Sunderland must be out there pushing that messaging. Moddejonge had something similar last week about "how's it's good to have consistency".

I'm with alot of you in that based on what they do will decide what I do with my seats for next season. A guy wants to try send a message to the team about it before hand, but you know it wouldn't get farther than the poor personal handling ticket sales.

I am really hoping that common sense prevails and some level of change is made.

Comment

Originally posted by coach_ditka View Post

On last nights broadcast, they explained why Arbuckle hasn't dressed this. Made sense to me, the way they presented it. Not sure how to find that "clip"
              Yeah, I could make up a reason too, name any team that has ever traded for a QB and not dressed him. And befored they traded for a replacement QB they didn’t dress their current proven starter.

Have they fired the HC & GM yet?
              Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
              Pizmo Loves Nanookster

Comment

Originally posted by glenvb View Post

I've been watching since Wilkinson. Don't think I've missed a game, one way or another, in a couple of decades. Haven't watched for two weeks.
                I’ve been watching since the Tommy days too, he’s also a friend of the family.
                Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
                Pizmo Loves Nanookster

Comment

Would be nice to think there might be future considerations involved with the Arbuckle deal. Maybe it will be a job for Brock after he gets fired.

Toronto had to dump the salary and ended up getting the #10 draft pick as a bonus. Could be Pinball is a better GM than I give him credit for.

Comment

What gets me with the Arbuckle trade is you gave up an asset to get him when you could have gone after him during the off-season. Terrible, terrible asset management by an awful GM, who I'm scared to say will probably come back for next season. Sickens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtuck09 View Post
                      What gets me with the Arbuckle trade is you gave up an asset to get him when you could have gone after him during the off-season. Terrible, terrible asset management by an awful GM, who I'm scared to say will probably come back for next season. Sickens me.
                      Totally. And it gets even worse because the party line they gave TSN to spout during the broadcast was that he hadn’t had any practice reps so they weren’t comfortable throwing him into a game situation without first team reps. Now I get that they had no time to practice during that final week but it sounds like he wasn’t getting any of the first team reps in the weeks leading up to that either, which with the way TC was playing there was absolutely no excuse not start incorporating NA into the offence from the moment he got here.

Like you said though, we might be stuck with these idiots. Ops-cap aside, it’s possible we can’t even afford to eat the salary after missing a season, rebranding, paying a coach premium dollars not to coach here etc. I’m not sure which is the bigger barrier to cleaning house, the cap rules or the actual money it would cost but either way it looks like we’re screwed.

Comment

I'm very curious on the management/coaching cap rules.
                        Will the CFL not allow you to go over - and not register contracts after hitting the cap?
                        Or is it like the player salary cap, where you pay a fine for dollars you exceed it by?
                        If you can pay a fine to get around the management cap, then I think the Board has to consider it a cost of doing business and move ahead to put the best possible people in place to right the ship.

Comment

The cap rules for coaches and GM's affect the product on the field. That needs to be addressed. Are there any other pro leagues with a salary cap for the coaching & operations sides of things?
                          The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                            The cap rules for coaches and GM's affect the product on the field. That needs to be addressed. Are there any other pro leagues with a salary cap for the coaching & operations sides of things?
                            Not that I can think of off the top of my head.

It was an idiotic idea that was championed by our ex-president Lenny "Smile and Wave" Rhodes. And now with Presson, we are in the same boat.

Hell, bring back LeLachuer. He seemed to stay out of the way and not screw things up.

Comment

It was an idiotic idea that was championed by our ex-president Lenny "Smile and Wave" Rhodes. And now with Presson, we are in the same boat.

Hell, bring back LeLachuer. He seemed to stay out of the way and not screw things up.
                              Rick Lelacheur might even be available, after stepping down in BC...
                              #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                              @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

it may have been championed by Rhodes but it was because Sask decided to hire 14 coaches or some ****...

Comment

Working...
                                X