Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!!! Everyone's fired !!!!!! Buono to help with the hiring process!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tigerdar View Post
    Also just to be different from the last X amount of years but can we NOT get someone from the redblacks in terms of management/coaches?
    You say that, but Marcel Desjardins IS available......
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtuck09 View Post

With the operations cap, that could potentially save on one of the positions...so prepare yourself.
      You know if the league doesn't do something to help us with the management cap I'll be really disappointed. They have bent the rules on numerous occasions to help out the Argos and the Riders in the past and now that we find ourselves in a tight spot they better do something to help us out otherwise the Elks could be in some serious trouble fan base wise if we have to suffer thorough 1 or 2 more seasons of being crappy and out of the playoffs.
      ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Comment

Originally posted by adb View Post

You know if the league doesn't do something to help us with the management cap I'll be really disappointed. They have bent the rules on numerous occasions to help out the Argos and the Riders in the past and now that we find ourselves in a tight spot they better do something to help us out otherwise the Elks could be in some serious trouble fan base wise if we have to suffer thorough 1 or 2 more seasons of being crappy and out of the playoffs.
        They should scrap it, period. End of discussion. It's a stupid cap to have.

Comment

Or at minimum scrap severance costs counting towards this cap. Punishing teams for five years because of a poor coaching or GM hire doesn't make a lot of sense for long term league viability.

Comment

Originally posted by 56Parkies View Post

You say that, but Marcel Desjardins IS available......
            yeah....thanks but no thanks
            In Rod we trust

Comment

I agree it's very stupid to have a cap on management ,but I think they created it when Chris Jones went to the riders he seemed to have one coach for every player on the field lol ,don't get me wrong Chris Jones is my one and only choice for H/C,DC and hopefully GM

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post

Or at minimum scrap severance costs counting towards this cap. Punishing teams for five years because of a poor coaching or GM hire doesn't make a lot of sense for long term league viability.
                Not to mention the onfield product suffers. Imagine what this team would look like next year with BS and JE still running the show, cuz the team was too cheap to eat their contracts. Detroit Lions bad...
                The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Elks could be in some serious trouble fan base wise if we have to suffer thorough 1 or 2 more seasons of being crappy and out of the playoffs.
                  tsn wouldn't be sad to see that....

Comment

I'm not sure that coaches and football ops personnel had much representation, but the severance thing might have been a counterbalance to the idea of limiting their coaching and job opportunities. Maybe it was thought that it could make the teams think twice about firing someone, effectively increasing job security.

Enough teams have been impacted by this part of the cap, and I think we've all felt the quality of coaching and football has deteriorated. I'm sure there are tweaks that could be pursued. Maybe cap salaries at each individual position, or cap the number of positions teams can have, but re-evaluate the thresholds and maybe don't be too punitive about dismissals.

Comment

Originally posted by adb View Post

I'm hoping that it will be somewhat like we've heard in that the Elks will have to pay out those contracts over time, but it won't impact their on-field abilities too much. They have money in the reserves. It would be interesting to see A) if the Jason Maas firing is now off the books cap-wise, and B) whether there would be flexibility to do anything with Thorpe and any positional coaches extended beyond last year. If they're looking at Jones or another defensive mind, that potentially creates a problematic situation, unless he resigns on his own.

Otherwise, I'm choosing to be optimistic. I have to believe the organization's swift move to remove the three leaders will create some goodwill. I also still believe the talent wasn't bad, it just wasn't put in a great position to execute. There's some solid pieces in place and with the way CFL teams hand out one-year contracts, the right people can build something pretty quickly.

Comment

Noticed Hamilton has headcoach, OC, DC and ST coaches, none of one doing both like we had with Gonzo Elionzo or big ears so management cap my ass. Teams are getting away with it.

Comment

Thank you Ryan.
                          https://3downnation.com/2021/12/07/r...as-head-coach/

Comment

Originally posted by Brock my Rock View Post
                            Noticed Hamilton has headcoach, OC, DC and ST coaches, none of one doing both like we had with Gonzo Elionzo or big ears so management cap my ass. Teams are getting away with it.
                            most teams will have those... its when you start getting people for the roles of assistant Oline, RB, receivers, Dine, LB, secondary etc coaches that the league was cracking down after Jones had 503 coaches in Sask

Comment

If we don't hire Chris Jones I won't spend a dime more on this team. Ask Ryan Dinwoodie. We will be dumber than a chimp.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock my Rock View Post
                                If we don't hire Chris Jones I won't spend a dime more on this team. Ask Ryan Dinwoodie. We will be dumber than a chimp.
                                What if we get Dickenson from Calgary?

Comment

Working...
                                X