Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!!! Everyone's fired !!!!!! Buono to help with the hiring process!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boydo View Post

whereas I’m just the opposite. If Jones is brought back I’m done with the team. Three really good seats on the aisle, all the food and swag we get every season…gone. Not a big deal to them I know but…
    Of course Dinwiddie wants Jones out of Toronto. He’s worried CJ gets promoted and he’s out of a job. Plus, why the f*ck are we going to listen to him anyways? Because of all his years of coaching and management experience in the League? Yeah no, shut up Ryan.
    Yeah right! So you rather lose year after year?
    imagine what it would have been if we fired Ed a year earlier and promoted Chris Jones. Four grey cups in a row is what I am talking about.

Comment

I know you’re baiting me here….
      Only way I would accept Jones here would be if he only got paid the minimum possible until the end of his contract, then he could be paid the balance. Otherwise if/when he bolts for some other team then we won’t be butt jumped for his salary.
      If Ed would have had people above him that had any idea or inkling of actual football operations he would have been able to put a competitive team together. Coulda shoulda woulda at this point though.
      Remind me again, who jumped ship Grey Cup? Wasn’t Swerve.
      Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

Comment

Originally posted by boydo View Post
        I know you’re baiting me here….
        Only way I would accept Jones here would be if he only got paid the minimum possible until the end of his contract, then he could be paid the balance. Otherwise if/when he bolts for some other team then we won’t be butt jumped for his salary.
        If Ed would have had people above him that had any idea or inkling of actual football operations he would have been able to put a competitive team together. Coulda shoulda woulda at this point though.
        Remind me again, who jumped ship Grey Cup? Wasn’t Swerve.
        Is it not true that if any coach bolts for another team we would not be responsible for that contract any longer ? I’d be shocked if we were, but I do get what your saying in regards to paying his salary but no way he goes for that .

Comment

I would Love to have Chris Jones here and I wonder if there is any way for paying him a little more to sign a 5 year deal with no out clause worked into the deal and if he tries and leaves than the contract is void 100% or is that even legal.Say offer him a 5 year 3 million deal as HC, GM,DC or am I on planet delusional ?
          Last edited by dealerd; 12-09-2021, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock my Rock View Post
            if we fired Ed a year earlier and promoted Chris Jones. Four grey cups in a row is what I am talking about.
            That is speculative. 2017 East Final Jones pulls Kevin Glenn early in favor of Brandon Bridge and sticks with it in a move that cost Sask a trip to the GC imo. Jones has been far from perfect.

Right hand man John Murphy also in a bit of hot water facing possible suspension clouds the scenario as well. Might be an idea to get Paul Jones back as a personnel guy.

Comment

Not sure what the right answer is with regards to the EE finding new GM/HC....

My question is this. If Scott Milanovich decided to return to the CFL, would ALL CFL teams turn their back and say he is not loyal? He will leave for a better opportunity the first chance he gets. He cant be trusted and we need to go another direction.

In my eyes it was worse how SM left the organization. He never even go the seat warm and bolted for the NFL. At least CJ won a GC with the EE before he left for a bigger and better opportunity. My point is, I'm looking for who gives us the best opportunity to win and succeed over the next two seasons and that's it. I really don't care if the new GM/HC are here beyond that. This team needs a quick turnaround and quality product on the field. It was hard to watch this past season. Whoever we hire, there is always a possibility of that individual resigning and moving on to a perceived better opportunity with more money. This is the CFL after all...

My 3 cents....

Comment

I get the Scott Milanovich comments, but the big difference between him and Jones was there was a lot of uncertainty as to the CFL even existing months from when SM left. Job security has it's perks in this profession. Also, did his short term experience with Brock make it easier for him to walk away?
                Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Originally posted by SKIP12 View Post
                  Not sure what the right answer is with regards to the EE finding new GM/HC....

My question is this. If Scott Milanovich decided to return to the CFL, would ALL CFL teams turn their back and say he is not loyal? He will leave for a better opportunity the first chance he gets. He cant be trusted and we need to go another direction.

In my eyes it was worse how SM left the organization. He never even go the seat warm and bolted for the NFL. At least CJ won a GC with the EE before he left for a bigger and better opportunity. My point is, I'm looking for who gives us the best opportunity to win and succeed over the next two seasons and that's it. I really don't care if the new GM/HC are here beyond that. This team needs a quick turnaround and quality product on the field. It was hard to watch this past season. Whoever we hire, there is always a possibility of that individual resigning and moving on to a perceived better opportunity with more money. This is the CFL after all...

My 3 cents....
                  And the team opened the door to the CJ exit by not offering extensions. Why wait to the off season and let doubt creep into those coaches minds.
                  The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

That was all on Hervey, after the huge turnaround of 2014 why not offer CJ a new contract and a hefty raise.
                    Different between CJ and Milonivich was Chris works hard for his money while Scott sat for one year collected 600k doing nothing but zoom meetings. He bailed without providing anything tangible.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock my Rock View Post
                      That was all on Hervey, after the huge turnaround of 2014 why not offer CJ a new contract and a hefty raise.
                      Different between CJ and Milonivich was Chris works hard for his money while Scott sat for one year collected 600k doing nothing but zoom meetings. He bailed without providing anything tangible.
                      what was scott suppose to do ? Everything was shut down. Ther CFL kept their thumbs up their asses and dragged **** on with zero answers for players or coaches.... he wanted security and the States had their **** together.

I have a feeling if Jones said he believes the sky is checkered you'd be here saything the same thing.

Comment

It seems like depending who you ask, you're going to see fingers pointed a different way on the Hervey and Jones thing. From the outside looking in, both might have dug their heels in a bit and there's probably some shared blame there. Rather than fully blaming either guy, I point the finger more at Saskatchewan for tampering and the league for not doing anything about it. Jones seems to be a guy who chases opportunities but, in fairness, those opportunities are laid out before him presumably because people want him involved.

I want to be disappointed in Milanovich because he said he was past the NFL life and wanted to run his own show, but I don't think you could blame the guy too much with the COVID-19 uncertainty and the connection with Brady. I think as someone above said, when you're the CFL and the NFL comes calling or a guy gets a promotion, it is what it is. You're likely not going to hold that guy back because you may get a rep for doing that and it's going to affect your ability to hire top talent.

You hire the best person for the job, whomever it is, and you insulate them with other talented people so that you can keep running if you lose one. It seems like Jones has made it known that he'd welcome returning in some capacity and I'd think Hervey is a guy who could relish that chance too. It's up to Buono and the board to decipher if either is the best person for the job right now and I'm not entirely sure. I think the familiarity would sell tickets and both would be competent, but one of these guys coming up through other organizations might offer a fresh approach.

Comment

People.
                          Nothing “bad” happened between Ed & Chris. Sask did their thing & CJ took his opportunity. Nobody was under the illusion that CJ would be a lifer and everyone knows he wiill do whatever benefits him. The way it went down just wasn’t cool. It could have been handled differently obviously.

Brock my Rock can say whatever he wants but would take his musings with a carton (or 12) of salt if I was all y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post

what was scott suppose to do ? Everything was shut down. Ther CFL kept their thumbs up their asses and dragged **** on with zero answers for players or coaches.... he wanted security and the States had their **** together.

I have a feeling if Jones said he believes the sky is checkered you'd be here saything the same thing.
                            I've said it numerous times, CJ when here spent a ton of time working with minor and high school football, running a clinic and being accessible. Milanovich didn't bother, even though he had all the time in the world.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post

I've said it numerous times, CJ when here spent a ton of time working with minor and high school football, running a clinic and being accessible. Milanovich didn't bother, even though he had all the time in the world.
                              When Milanovich was with the team was minor and high school football even happening. I know hockey and ringette wasn't.

Comment

Minor football ran normally. High school did not. Regardless it was the exact time to do coaching clinics. Football Alberta hosted weekly ones on zoom. Talk about a failure to connect with your base.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X