Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!!! Everyone's fired !!!!!! Buono to help with the hiring process!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had honestly given up hope of ever wanting to post here again. The season, the name change, the utter post-championship disaster...even the new look of the forum had me upset.

Here's to hoping that we do things right this time and that this beleaguered football team gets the renaissance it deserves.
    Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

Comment

Holy crap!!

I was hoping that that some changes would be made but did not expect them to be so drastic and happen so quickly. I had thought for sure that Elizondo and perhaps Sunderland would go but absolutely did not expect to see Presson fired. Needless to say, I am very happy to see all three go and am delighted with the hiring of Wally Buono as a consultant.

-Keep on Elking!!

Comment

Got the notification on my phone when I was in the grocery store, practically danced my way outta there grinning from ear to ear. Can’t remember the last time I was this genuinely happy to see this club fire someone, maybe Tillman, and to a lesser extent Rhodes, but this one might take the cake.

Comment

I am just happy that they have Buono to lead the retooling process. If it was left in the hands of the existing Board of Directors, I could see the same thing happening again. After all, these were the bozos that hired Preston and Sunderland.
          I am glad that Presson went too. In his effort to rebrand the team and make gobs of extra money, he burned all the history to the ground.
          There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

Comment

Class act by the Edmonton Football Club. I am very happy for the fans.

Comment

Is it just me or did they turn off commenting during the press conference?
              There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

Comment

I'm glad they acted so quickly. Better now than two months from now. Gonna be a process to find a solid personnel base, and to get prepared for the draft.
                Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

It was just me. I had to do a refresh.

Comment

So, they create a short list for each position and then interview. Once we get coaching staff, the process of determining which of our high priced, free agent mercenaries should be set free. Then we need to examine our Canadian content to build that up.

The front office has a lot of work to develop a strategy to win fans back, other than parading the Failed Three's heads on pikes.

Comment

I wonder if BoD did a post season meeting with Presson on his direction going forward.
                      If so was it his commitment to status quo that concerned them and they included him in the package. Or did they not even give him a chance to make those kind of decisions and had already seen enough.

Comment

Originally posted by popo View Post
                        I wonder if BoD did a post season meeting with Presson on his direction going forward.
                        If so was it his commitment to status quo that concerned them and they included him in the package. Or did they not even give him a chance to make those kind of decisions and had already seen enough.
                        I'm hoping it was the second option. He would have made a lot of the decisions that attempted to remove the storied history of the Eskimos.

There are a lot of names that I have not seen in a long time. Must be a great disturbance in the force.

Comment

Dave Campbell
                          @Dave_CHED
                          #Elks Board Chair Ian Murray says there are significant on and off-field issues which led to the dismissal of Chris Presson, Brock Sunderland, and Jamie Elizondo. All 3 were notified this morning. #CFL

Dave Campbell
                          @Dave_CHED
                          ·
                          1h
                          Replying to
                          @Dave_CHED
                          Murray announces that led by interim COO Allan Watt, there will be an effort to reach out to the fan base to hear their complaints and suggestions. There will be focus groups, fan engagement sessions etc. #Elks #CFL
                          Dave Campbell
                          @Dave_CHED
                          ·
                          1h
                          Watt says there has to be a culture of trust between the organization and the fan base. #Elks #CFL
                          Dave Campbell
                          @Dave_CHED
                          ·
                          59m
                          Murray says the demographic is aging and isn't mutli-cultural enough. Wants to see the team back in schools more. #Elks #CFL
                          Dave Campbell
                          @Dave_CHED
                          ·
                          57m
                          Murray says there are implications of the moves towards the Football Operations Cap. Organization is currently in discussions with the #CFL on the specifics. #Elks
                          Dave Campbell
                          @Dave_CHED
                          ·
                          55m
                          Murray says the GM needs to be hired fired first with #CFL free-agency taking place in early-February. #Elks #CFL
                          Dave Campbell
                          @Dave_CHED
                          ·
                          53m
                          Murray says the BOD took the concerns of fans very seriously. #Elks #CFL
                          Last edited by Jtuck09; 11-22-2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

1. Biggest W of the season for the EE.

2. Am gobsmacked (in a good way) that the BoD recognizes that the EE fanbase isn’t multicultural enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtuck09 View Post

Dave Campbell
                              @Dave_CHED
                              ·
                              57m
                              Murray says there are implications of the moves towards the Football Operations Cap. Organization is currently in discussions with the #CFL on the specifics. #Elks
                              Am very happy that the BOD made the right decision. It had to be done as the trust between the club and the fans was gone. I hope that the club can get some concessions from the CFL on the management salary cap as having to count the existing contracts could really end up hurting us in terms of finding quality replacements. The league have turned a blind eye towards existing rules in helping out the Argos and Riders in the past so if they don't help us out in some way I will be supremely pissed at both the CFL and Ambrosie. If we have another crappy season like we did this year we might be done so the league had better take this situation seriously.
                              Last edited by adb; 11-22-2021, 05:04 PM.
                              “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Comment

I was one of the biggest proponents of these individuals, but this was the only move that made sense. The fans had completely lost confidence. Kudos to the board for their swift action.

To be fair, I think Presson did well with the name change and I didn’t think the roster was bad by any means. The people management and certainly the coaching left something to be desired. Some tough breaks on Milanovich and on Covid that may or may not have been expected, but the team should have been much, much better.

While I hate to admit it because I’ve always connected Buono to the enemy, he knows football and has a proven track record. He’s a good pick as long as he doesn’t recommend himself as he did for too long in B.C. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s one of his disciples on the football side.

I’d have to think someone in the board got some assurances from the CFL about the football ops cap first or this could be a rocky transition. Thorpe is competent, though, if they need to lean on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X