Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!!! Everyone's fired !!!!!! Buono to help with the hiring process!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bombervu View Post

Possibly already in place and waiting post Grey Cup to announce it. Grey Cup game is Dec 12. Bear in mind Ottawa is also looking for a GM.
    Thats how I took that comment as well

Comment

Originally posted by bombervu View Post

Possibly already in place and waiting post Grey Cup to announce it. Grey Cup game is Dec 12. Bear in mind Ottawa is also looking for a GM.
      Jeremy O'Day. Announce it on the 13th.

(Kidding, of course!)
      Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post

Announce on Sunday at 11:00 that it's going to be Craig Dickenson. I dare you Elks!!!!
        That’s a BIG NO to Craig please lol

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post

Announce on Sunday at 11:00 that it's going to be Craig Dickenson. I dare you Elks!!!!
          Ah, great minds think alike
          Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Chris Jones…is in the same boat as Tillman (patooie!) in my books. Mercenary, cheating scumbag. Find someone else to hitch the wagon to. Wad would be a great choice. Connop is another.
            Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

Comment

Originally posted by boydo View Post
              Chris Jones…is in the same boat as Tillman (patooie!) in my books. Mercenary, cheating scumbag. Find someone else to hitch the wagon to. Wad would be a great choice. Connop is another.
              That was so disrespectful that I dont know how to answer. Mr Jones got a promotion and left. Move on. Don't you bounce from one company to another for more money and power? You need to look at the best candidate. Honestly I wouldn't hire another first time coach.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post

Equal. Bring em both back.
                Chris Jones. Because Hervey record without him was a losing record (Kavis Reed and Jason Mass)

Comment

Originally posted by Brock my Rock View Post

Chris Jones. Because Hervey record without him was a losing record (Kavis Reed and Jason Mass)
                  In Hervey's first year he had Kavis Reed handed to him. They finished 2014 with a 4-14 record. Kavis gets canned at the end of that year. Hervey had a winning record every year after his first year as GM including the year with Jason Mass as HC.
                  Chris Sky - Canadian Hero

Comment

Wally's first question to the board has to have been "is there anyone excluded from consideration?".

I am of the opinion Chris Jones stays in Toronto in an expanded role. Ryan Dinwiddie might want to look to BC for his next opportunity. I like Ed Hervey for Edm but would also like to see someone tap the Calgary personnel department to see what happens. Ottawa should do that but appears they may just bump next man up and continue to suffer imo.

Two more weeks of pins and needles to see what they do. The drama is good for fan interest.

Predicting Hamilton to win. West will be a toss up. Brett Lauther could be the hero. Enjoy the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Esks1975 View Post

In Hervey's first year he had Kavis Reed handed to him. They finished 2014 with a 4-14 record. Kavis gets canned at the end of that year. Hervey had a winning record every year after his first year as GM including the year with Jason Mass as HC.
                      Sunderland lackeys infiltrating this board…

Comment

Herb Zurkowsky of the Montreal Gazette suggesting that Khari Jones' job as Al's HC might be in jeopardy. If so, would he be a consideration for Edmonton?

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/f...jones-is-murky
                        Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
                          Herb Zurkowsky of the Montreal Gazette suggesting that Khari Jones' job as Al's HC might be in jeopardy. If so, would he be a consideration for Edmonton?

no

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post

I've heard the same rumors regarding KJ from other sources. I find it surprising really as he's done pretty well over his first 2 seasons and he didn't have his starting QB for the ESF last weekend which may have played a role in the loss. I guess it may be a product of him not being the choice of his current GM who was hired afterwards. I wouldn't have a problem with Khari. I think he would be just as valid of a candidate as Kilam or Washington with the added benefit of having some HCing experience. I still want Hervey/CJ even though CJ isn't a popular candidate on this board. The insider talk on 3downnation had an interesting quote from an unidentified source stating that if Ryan Rigmaiden were to get the GM job that he could see Chris Jones being hired as the HC so I guess CJ hasn't burnt all his bridges across the league which I thought might have been the case at the beginning of the year since he couldn't land a CFL job at that time and was forced to take the HCing job at his old high school.
                            Last edited by adb; 12-01-2021, 10:57 AM.
                            “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Comment

Originally posted by adb View Post

I've heard the same rumors regarding KJ from other sources. I find it surprising really as he's done pretty well over his first 2 seasons and he didn't have his starting QB for the ESF last weekend which may have played a role in the loss. I guess it may be a product of him not being the choice of his current GM who was hired afterwards. I wouldn't have a problem with Khari. I think he would be just as valid of a candidate as Kilam or Washington with the added benefit of having some HCing experience. I still want Hervey/CJ even though CJ isn't a popular candidate on this board. The insider talk on 3downnation had an interesting quote from an unidentified source stating that if Ryan Rigmaiden were to get the GM job that he could see Chris Jones being hired as the HC so I guess CJ hasn't burnt all his bridges across the league which I thought might have been the case at the beginning of the year since he couldn't land a CFL job at that time and was forced to take the HCing job at his old high school.
                              With the connections with Buono, I could see Rigmaiden getting an interview at least. Director of US Scouting for the Lions from 2013-2017, College scouting for the Bombers 2018-2020 and last year back to the Lions as director of US Scouting. Definitely crossed paths with Pasquale over that time. I don't know much about him though, but could be one to watch.
                              #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                              @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

I'd be ok with Khari here. I'd hope he'd at least get an interview.

Comment

Working...
                                X