It is time for Fleming to take over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is time for Fleming to take over!

Here’s hoping he gets the chance. Complete clean slate to start fresh. It is so time to get Sean Fleming at the top of the organization. Why on earth not? He knows money, he knows Edmonton, and he damn well knows The Eskimos (no I’m not advocating to go back). Whom ever gets the top job, the board absolutely has to get this hire right!

Holy crap - I am stunned the board did the right thing. Whoever replaces all these people, first thing first - bring Dwayne back.
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Originally posted by eskfan152 View Post
      Here’s hoping he gets the chance. Complete clean slate to start fresh. It is so time to get Sean Fleming at the top of the organization. Why on earth not? He knows money, he knows Edmonton, and he damn well knows The Eskimos (no I’m not advocating to go back). Whom ever gets the top job, the board absolutely has to get this hire right!
      Hopefully he's still interested. The brand has taking such a big hit, we need someone who understands the team history.

Comment

He is a man of success, would he want to board a sinking ship?
        Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
        Pizmo Loves Nanookster

Comment

Originally posted by Nanookster View Post
          He is a man of success, would he want to board a sinking ship?
          Good question. I think by nature professional athletes are wired in such a way that he might. I'm sure he loves the game still, I'm sure he's as disgusted (probably moreso) with the current state. And he should be an extremely self-assure confident person that might think he's the solution. Hopefully, he's made enough money that he doesn't need to worry about 10 years down the line and he jumps in with the goal to bring this franchise back where it belongs.

Help us Wad. You're our only hope. (unless there's another)
          Last edited by bone; 11-22-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

The thing to consider about Flemming is that he is held in very high regard by the community as is. If he were to take the role and it floundered, that could negatively affect his future in the community.
            There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudnyereye View Post
              The thing to consider about Fleming is that he is held in very high regard by the community as is. If he were to take the role and it floundered, that could negatively affect his future in the community.
              I doubt it. Even if he failed, where the team is today, they'd be thankful he at least tried. People have even started to forgive Lowe.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post

I doubt it. Even if he failed, where the team is today, they'd be thankful he at least tried. People have even started to forgive Lowe.
                NO!!! NEVAIR
                There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

Comment

https://3downnation.com/2021/11/22/t...edmonton-elks/

Comment

I read that article with the list and while it limits your options, if they want to rebuild the brand and trust in the fan base, they have to bring in some former players both as the Pres and GM and those guys have to live in Edmonton and be part of the community. Listening to Gregor. As an example McMannis lives in the States. I am sorry, that doesn't cut it.

The last to Pres who had ZERO ties not only to the team but to the City before taking the job have so badly damaged the team they need a Pres who lives here. People need to see that guy in the community. Pumping gas in his car. Going to all of the big events that are the no brainers but more importantly, the little events that a out of town guy wouldn't go to. When they speak, they need to talk about the past team, what is used to be like, what the Edmonton franchise meant to the CFL and the City and actually know what they are talking about because they were part of it. Having some guy talk to the fans about the past when prior to taking the job they may or may not have had any clue the Esks/Elks existed means squat to me.

See above for the GM.

If they want to bring in other guys on that list as backfiller, cool. But IMO, the front guys need to have ties to the team and community if they want a chance to repair the brand.
                    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

Comment

Solid no to Chris Jones, he is a traitor and a deserter. You don’t reward a clown that abandoned his club the way he did.
                      Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
                      Pizmo Loves Nanookster

Comment

I think we all know there's only one person for the job...
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        In Rod we trust

Comment

Originally posted by tigerdar View Post
                          I think we all know there's only one person for the job...
                          I was expecting Rod Black but this works too.
                          Chris Sky - Canadian Hero

Comment

I hear Rod's looking for work...
                            Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sectionq View Post
                              I read that article with the list and while it limits your options, if they want to rebuild the brand and trust in the fan base, they have to bring in some former players both as the Pres and GM and those guys have to live in Edmonton and be part of the community. Listening to Gregor. As an example McMannis lives in the States. I am sorry, that doesn't cut it.

The last to Pres who had ZERO ties not only to the team but to the City before taking the job have so badly damaged the team they need a Pres who lives here. People need to see that guy in the community. Pumping gas in his car. Going to all of the big events that are the no brainers but more importantly, the little events that a out of town guy wouldn't go to. When they speak, they need to talk about the past team, what is used to be like, what the Edmonton franchise meant to the CFL and the City and actually know what they are talking about because they were part of it. Having some guy talk to the fans about the past when prior to taking the job they may or may not have had any clue the Esks/Elks existed means squat to me.

See above for the GM.

If they want to bring in other guys on that list as backfiller, cool. But IMO, the front guys need to have ties to the team and community if they want a chance to repair the brand.
                              Apparently Ed Hervey still lives in Edmonton!

Comment

Working...
                              X