It is time for Fleming to take over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Esks1975 View Post

I was expecting Rod Black but this works too.
    the first rule of Rod Black club....you don't talk about Rod Black club...
    In Rod we trust

Comment

Originally posted by writfiler View Post
      Apparently Ed Hervey still lives in Edmonton!
      THAT would be my first, 2nd, 3rd choice
      In Rod we trust

Comment

Fleming Pres.
        Hervey GM. ( though I'm sure tubs Jones would be a dick towards him like before )
        Killam HC

Other options

I'd have time for Dwayne Ford , McManus is intriguing I saw on twitter someone suggested Damon Allen

Comment

I'm not sure if the Eskimos President/CEO gig could be a pay downgrade from an EVP role at an accounting firm for Flemming. Would he still be interested?
          However, I imagine he cares more for the franchise than anyone, and his competitive nature might embrace the challenge. The role would be the kind of career opportunity that gives you a great sense of purpose and accomplishment that bean counting could not.

Comment

Originally posted by popo View Post
            I'm not sure if the Eskimos President/CEO gig could be a pay downgrade from an EVP role at an accounting firm for Flemming. Would he still be interested?
            However, I imagine he cares more for the franchise than anyone, and his competitive nature might embrace the challenge. The role would be the kind of career opportunity that gives you a great sense of purpose and accomplishment that bean counting could not.
            You'd think his blurb from his LinkedIn is pretty much in sync with what they are looking for:

I provide advice and assistance to companies, financial institutions and stakeholders regarding the implementation of strategies that enhance viability and overall recovery. I work with major national and international banks, lenders, creditors, various levels of government and specific government agencies, legal professionals and the courts to achieve desired results. My experience includes operating companies in financial distress under various court and private appointments in such industries as the manufacturing, oil and gas and construction sectors in order to affect going concern sales of the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post
              Fleming Pres.
              Hervey GM. ( though I'm sure tubs Jones would be a dick towards him like before )
              Killam HC

Other options

I'd have time for Dwayne Ford , McManus is intriguing I saw on twitter someone suggested Damon Allen
              Jones is still around? Huh so much for karma
              In Rod we trust

Comment

Originally posted by tigerdar View Post

Hervey job number 1. Restore dressing room access for all reporters but Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by popo View Post
                  IIRC he threw his hat in the ring when Len Rhodes ended up getting the job. Not sure if he is still interested but at that time I believe he was.
                  “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Comment

Originally posted by tigerdar View Post

ya.,.. hes really a 'round

Comment

Exactly! The guy cares about the City which IMO is part of the job when you work for the Elks.

Does anyone know if Brock live in Edmonton at all? I bet he didn't but I don't know that for sure.
                      Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

Comment

So does Kavis Reed. A big NO to both of them !!

Not surprised to see Gregor pushing hard for his buddy Hervey to be the new GM. It was kinda pathetic actually the way he was speaking with Ian Murray about it the other day.
                        ----------------------

Comment

Something about bringing a guy back who you have fired…

at least in Jones case he got poached away…

Both have good and bad, hervey did a lot of good here but has enough time passed for Ed to return..

Comment

Originally posted by cmbuk View Post
                            Something about bringing a guy back who you have fired…

at least in Jones case he got poached away…

Both have good and bad, hervey did a lot of good here but has enough time passed for Ed to return..
                            Ed was fired because of basically jealously from Rhodent. Yes Hervey rubbed media the wrong way ( f u Jones) but he had the ship pointing the right way.

Jones was poached yes - but he is a mercenary and when he left us it was not the first time he left after a couple years. He's always looking out for the bigger and better thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post

Ed was fired because of basically jealously from Rhodent. Yes Hervey rubbed media the wrong way ( f u Jones) but he had the ship pointing the right way.

Jones was poached yes - but he is a mercenary and when he left us it was not the first time he left after a couple years. He's always looking out for the bigger and better thing.
                              Apples and oranges right? I’m not sold on Ed’s return as ur not sold on Jones being committal.. neither train of thought is wrong imho..

Rhodes aside the fact Ed has been fired here and in bc should have the alarm bells ringing as much as Jones does for the potential of jumping ship…

It’s not bad case scenario either way

it’s like would you be up bringing brock back in 3 years?? Prob not…

Comment

Originally posted by cmbuk View Post

Apples and oranges right? I’m not sold on Ed’s return as ur not sold on Jones being committal.. neither train of thought is wrong imho..

Rhodes aside the fact Ed has been fired here and in bc should have the alarm bells ringing as much as Jones does for the potential of jumping ship…

It’s not bad case scenario either way

it’s like would you be up bringing brock back in 3 years?? Prob not…
                                Jones and Hevery certainly have their warts. However Hervey would be a easier sell to the fans. I also would like to think if you have a president like Fleming he'd be able to "keep him in check"

Comment

Working...
                                X