No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2022 - Elks targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moore is undersized for DT and couldn't stop the run. He had an off year hence the trade.
    no he's American.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock my Rock View Post
      Moore is undersized for DT and couldn't stop the run. He had an off year hence the trade.
      no he's American.
      Moore had a great 2019 and ****ty 2021. Every Dlineman had a ****ty year last year. My opinion was because Sewell was not resigned. He goes and the line takes a massive step back.

Comment

You can never have enough O-line depth and this is a proven left tackle in the league whom the coaching staff would have seen a fair amount in the east in recent years. I like it and I'm really hopeful that there is room for Korte here.

Moore is American. Though he was a solid interior guy, I suspect Jones may already have an eye on a replacement. That Micah Johnson rumour has been making the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SKIP12 View Post
          A report on 3Downnation says that OL Jacob Ruby was signed to a hefty contract by OTT....

I wonder if this means that OL Korte is going to FA and OTT may realize that they wont reign him. Korte would be a solid addition to the OL.

Washington-Korte-Beard-MOD-Sax

This would give us 4 National OL and allow flexibility with ratio with other areas of roster...

My 3 cents...
          Don't forget stud starter, and the 1st overall pick in the 2015 draft, Alex Mateas retired only 2 weeks before training camps opened last year. That should have left them with a fair chunk of last year's OL budget unspent.

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post

Moore had a great 2019 and ****ty 2021. Every Dlineman had a ****ty year last year. My opinion was because Sewell was not resigned. He goes and the line takes a massive step back.
            It’s a damn shame what Brock did to Mondo, dude should
            have been a career Eskimo.

Comment

Moore had two sacks against Ottawa week one (the game EE blew it on the 1 yard line and cost me $300 in tickets cost as I came to edmonton to watch the game) and didn't do f*** all all year after that (0 sacks). Money can be spend somewhere else, was Brock guy anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post

Yeah it was obvious that run stopping was horrendous after Sewell let go.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverSports View Post
                  You can never have enough O-line depth and this is a proven left tackle in the league whom the coaching staff would have seen a fair amount in the east in recent years. I like it and I'm really hopeful that there is room for Korte here.

Moore is American. Though he was a solid interior guy, I suspect Jones may already have an eye on a replacement. That Micah Johnson rumour has been making the rounds.
                  For some reason I thought this was like the 5th or 6th time Washington has been traded but it's only the 3rd.

Question is how much gas does he have left in the tank at 36? The other little tidbit is that Moore is under contract for 2022. Washington is not. Jones will have to be offering nothing less than a starting job to lose to get Tony's autograph.

Comment

Originally posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post

Along with Mandrusiak

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post

For some reason I thought this was like the 5th or 6th time Washington has been traded but it's only the 3rd.

Question is how much gas does he have left in the tank at 36? The other little tidbit is that Moore is under contract for 2022. Washington is not. Jones will have to be offering nothing less than a starting job to lose to get Tony's autograph.
                      Well Chris Van Zyl resigned with Hammilton and he's 38, age is just a number.
                      Washington is a solid LT. And he has been healthy.
                      Last edited by Brock my Rock; 01-14-2022, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post

The age does concern me, but O’Donnell showed older guys can get it done and there would be a lot of familiarity with Washington. I think the deal gets done and maybe at a savings compared to Moore.

It also intrigues me that there may be other pieces on the table here.

Comment

Was wondering how Washington could post something like that on twitter when free agency does not start til Feb. 8th. Gotta like that Jones is correcting a weakness quickly.

Comment

Martese Jackson also. Will he be the returner?

Comment

“Trade is now official, #Elks acquire OL Tony Washington and RB/KR Martese Jackson from the Montreal Alouettes in exchange for DL Mike Moore. Washington was a pending FA and has signed a one-year contract extension. Jackson has one year left on his deal. #CFL”
                              Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverSports View Post
                                Martese Jackson also. Will he be the returner?
                                He was here before & didn’t impress..,.

Comment

Working...
                                X