Free Agency 2022 - Elks targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Agency 2022 - Elks targets

I am curious to see whom you all think the Elks should target during this free agency?

Here's a link to every team's free agents. https://www.cfl.ca/fa22/

I was hoping for Jefferson myself but he re-upped in Winnpeg.

Off the top of my head :

McCoil
    Cameron Judge or Henoc Muamba
    Dunbar Wr ( if we cant get duke back )
    Ja'Gared Davis DL
    Does Laurent have anything in the tank left ?
    Frankie Williams god do we need a returner

Comment

Money Hunter DB
      Micah Awe LB
      Mark Korte OL
      Dexter McCoil LB
      Ciante Evans DB
      Mike Miller FB
      Mercy Matson DB
      Betts or Boateng DE whoever is cheaper
      MOD OL
      Moncrief LB
      Sean Whyte K
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dexter McCoil LB
        Lucky Whitehead WR/KR
        Kwaku Boateng DE
        Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

McCoil on top of my list
          after that Ed Gainey and a stud pass rusher like Davis
          we don't need to get star receiver in his 30s fom other teams, time to recruit down south and bring cheap reliable options like a 2015 walkler or 2016 zylstra or 2017 duke.
          where is Paul Jones when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by Brock my Rock View Post
            McCoil on top of my list
            after that Ed Gainey and a stud pass rusher like Davis
            we don't need to get star receiver in his 30s fom other teams, time to recruit down south and bring cheap reliable options like a 2015 walkler or 2016 zylstra or 2017 duke.
            where is Paul Jones when you need him?
            I'd like a better safety.. been a coon's age since we've had a gooder
            Gainey would be nice.

And I disagree we need better recievers. Our receiving core was garbage. Walker can go... Ellington i have time for - unless a better slot back receiver is available. Idealy I'd like a possession type receiver and a small quick receiver for crossers/hitches like a Tarek ( yes I'm killing his name ) Hill mould. We can find a WR who can stretch the D on the cheap IMO

Comment

I like the Korte idea. Whitehead was also someone who intrigued me and I wondered if Banks could be a bit of a reclamation project. Evans intrigues me too offensively.

Jefferson would’ve been nice on D. AC Leonard may be a good target up front. I’m torn at LB because I really do like what Morgan and Bierra may become, but you have to look at guys like McCoil, Judge, Lacey, and Muamba too. Moncrief would be a nice keep. I’ll have more of a look at the secondary guys out there.

Comment

My thoughts on Walker have changed a little. I couldn’t wait for him to go, but watching some 2015 highlights of him in these guys’ offence makes me think maybe he could bounce back well.

Comment

I am actually shocked that Walker was not released along with the first batch of hasbeens. You think maybe CJ has empathy for him because he coached him. Maybe we can sign him dirt cheap and hoping he can redeem himself. If we release him I doubt anyone will take him.
                  On the flip side I believe Grymes will be asked to be a leader on D if he isn't already. Saw him in an old video chatting with CJ when he was DC in TO. Looked like they were discussing something important.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverSports View Post
                    My thoughts on Walker have changed a little. I couldn’t wait for him to go, but watching some 2015 highlights of him in these guys’ offence makes me think maybe he could bounce back well.
                    Agreed. I think it's a bit too early to give up on Walker, especially now that the situation that caused all the grief has changed dramatically. When he's on, he's special. That hasn't changed. Give him a shot in the new environment.
                    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

I never get too excited about playing the who to get game this early as at.least half the names will be off the board by the te free agency kicks in. Most teams find a way to keep the guys they really want to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by glenvb View Post

Agreed. I think it's a bit too early to give up on Walker, especially now that the situation that caused all the grief has changed dramatically. When he's on, he's special. That hasn't changed. Give him a shot in the new environment.
                        Exactly, I’m expecting Walker to sign, and have a major bounce back season under CJ and McAdoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post
                          I never get too excited about playing the who to get game this early as at.least half the names will be off the board by the te free agency kicks in. Most teams find a way to keep the guys they really want to keep.
                          Same here. I think Evans is a pipe dream so anyone pining for him to come in and be the saviour of the franchise is wasting their time IMO.

Comment

For Jefferson WAS my number 1 , but he must keep Moncrief , I’d really like Korte along with McCoil ,Lacey not sure about Gainey as he is getting older .Betts can go as he to me was huge disappointment , Kwaku only if he signs a lesser deal as him and Betts were invisible last year

Comment

We should have the first overall pick in the draft is there any one person that stands out that we should take who doesn’t go to NFL ?

Comment

Working...
                              X