2023 Season Ticket Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 Season Ticket Prices

Hey all. Anyone who's not a season ticket holder, check out the new pricing structure for season's tickets. Granted my tickets are the cheapest in the house, but they dropped more than 50% this year, making the debate a whole lot easier than it was before.

As I understand it some of the pricier tiers are still too high, some even went up, but if you want to get in for cheap all of the old bronze tier is now only $120 seat ($12 a game). The same seats for me this year were $31.53 per game for adult, $15.77 for kids after service charges. This year after service charges, $13.23 kids or adults.

https://twitter.com/victorcui/status...xoPfCdo2agftpQ

edit to add

Here's the old tiers for reference.
    https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.ne...er-Graphic.jpg
    Last edited by bone; 09-22-2022, 08:42 AM.

It's a good/necessary start that the Elks finally addressed. Ticket have been just way, way too high then you factor in the fact the team is lousy, I think has been a factor in the small crowds. I do hope they next address the single game ticket prices across the whole stadium. Regardless of how cheap they make season tickets, for a lot of people like myself, we don't want to commit to a seasons tickets. For me personally, it's a 7-8 hour commitment to go to a single game so to do that 9 or 10 times, I am not interested in doing. Plus given my lifestyle and my schedule for most of the year, I know before I see the schedule, I will not be able to go to all the games. So I do not like the idea of buying tickets I know I won't use then have to try to get rid of them or see them go unused.

So my hope is they drop the single game ticket prices significantly as well. If they did that, I would be more likely to see a game or 2 moving forward. If they don't, I won't go regardless of how good the team is. My interest in the CFL has dropped significantly over the years so I would not go to a game regardless of how good the team is if the ticket prices stay they way they are.
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

Comment

I noticed they had a deal that if you buy season tickets for next year now, they'll include tickets for the remaining home games this year. Obviously an incentive for new ticket holders, are they making a deal for current ticket holders that re-up now?

Comment

The new ticket price in section Q will now be $800 per season from a low row to the concourse (+GST, not sure). This year it was it was $510.51 (GST included). Section P to X will all now be the same price. If the price doesn't include GST this will be a 66% increase in price for my seats in section Q.

Referring to the season seat costs in the link bone provided the people in the best three sections on each side will have a price increase of $3 for the year. If you consider that the old pricing will have a 2-3% increase the formerly highest priced seats will be going down in price, with the lowest rows going down 25%.

Seems like the Elks are picking favourites in the best seats and making people in the lower bowl beside them pay the price.
        Last edited by Esks1975; 09-22-2022, 11:38 PM.
        Chris Sky - Canadian Hero

Comment

Yeah my seats in section D are gonna double as well just about…

Comment

I went up 10 rows and closer to the middle (upper deck) and got 8 seats for $400 cheaper then my 4 were for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Esks1975 View Post
              The new ticket price in section Q will now be $800 per season from a low row to the concourse (+GST, not sure). This year it was it was $510.51 (GST included). Section P to X will all now be the same price. If the price doesn't include GST this will be a 66% increase in price for my seats in section Q.

Referring to the season seat costs in the link bone provided the people in the best three sections on each side will have a price increase of $3 for the year. If you consider that the old pricing will have a 2-3% increase the formerly highest priced seats will be going down in price, with the lowest rows going down 25%.

Seems like the Elks are picking favourites in the best seats and making people in the lower bowl beside them pay the price.
              They are at least holding the prices for people like yourself for two years, but it certainly is a curious decision, and having gone through a process where I had had improved tickets on a held price for a couple years it does kind of suck as the seats feel borrowed instead of feeling like home.

Essentially instead of 6 tiers, they've gone to 4, but the most costly tiers grew in size while staying close to their past price while the lesser tiers dropped in price significantly. It's likely a more logical alignment, but understanding that a large chunk of the season ticket holders that were previously in silver but now P1 or ones that were previous bronze that are now P2 are long time season ticket holders they should be holding the prices for more than just two years and possibly even offering them at least the first year or two at the P3 or P4 price closest to their seats.

I'm curious how many people fall into either of those categories as I suspect it's a pretty large number. Selfishly I'm happy, because I've always just loved my seats even after trying better seats so I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones (until they decide to close my seat again I guess).
              Last edited by bone; 09-23-2022, 08:47 AM.

Comment

It's those people that are one row (or section) into the more expensive zones, they are probably the most frustrated. The price freeze for two years will help a bit. Unlike a lot of sports, there are a good number of seats to choose from in most of the pricing zones if the need to move to a lower tier is there.
                Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
                  It's those people that are one row (or section) into the more expensive zones, they are probably the most frustrated. The price freeze for two years will help a bit. Unlike a lot of sports, there are a good number of seats to choose from in most of the pricing zones if the need to move to a lower tier is there.
                  For me, it’s unfortunate that I happen to fall on the wrong side of this but I’m not terribly upset about it, I’ll probably just stay for two years and then relocate.

Comment

A change in tier structure will likely irritate a ton of people who have sat in the same seats for generations and now either have to cough up a significant amount of money to stay there, or else relocate. Others will revel in the fact that simply by staying put they save a bundle, or they can relocate and try a different section and save money that way.

I'm curious to see how this all plays out for them; the most expensive seats in the house are the empty ones, so they definitely need to fill them, but curiously they are pricing out the people who would appear most on TV and pushing them either up or out to get those cheaper seats and the stadium will continue to look empty for the cameras.

I've suggested that they should make the seats on the East side 25% cheaper than the West for the same corresponding tier; get more incentive to sit on the camera side so it looks far better on TV and may encourage people to come to the games. It's like in a restaurant where they want to seat the tables closest to the window first, so that people walking by see a full restaurant at first glance so they want to check it out.
                    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

I have said it before and I understand that it would not be easy as there are going to be people you have sat in whatever section in whatever high row for umpteen years but I feel like they should be focusing on filling the sections in the lower bowl between the 2 goal lines. So sections A to M and sections N to Z. Bring everyone down from the upper decks and fill out the lower bowls. It would look better on TV because really, unless they do a big wide view of the stadium or go overhead, you only see the lower sections. This would also increase the atmosphere as when you bring people together, the energy will be higher vs spreading them out.

Also, if you look at the league, the majority of the stadiums, even the ones newly built are less than 30K. Commonwealth capacity is at just under 57000. You can fill half that place every game and it will still look empty. They should be targeting to get 25+ to every game.
                      Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sectionq View Post
                        I have said it before and I understand that it would not be easy as there are going to be people you have sat in whatever section in whatever high row for umpteen years but I feel like they should be focusing on filling the sections in the lower bowl between the 2 goal lines. So sections A to M and sections N to Z. Bring everyone down from the upper decks and fill out the lower bowls. It would look better on TV because really, unless they do a big wide view of the stadium or go overhead, you only see the lower sections. This would also increase the atmosphere as when you bring people together, the energy will be higher vs spreading them out.

Also, if you look at the league, the majority of the stadiums, even the ones newly built are less than 30K. Commonwealth capacity is at just under 57000. You can fill half that place every game and it will still look empty. They should be targeting to get 25+ to every game.
                        They could easily tarp off the upper decks. Hell, sell advertising on them if you want. Maybe allow the first 10 rows of the upper decks and premium seats (so many prefer the view up there to see "the whole field" and you could reduce the capacity to 32K or so. Then 25K looks great on TV, especially if they sell the East seats cheaper, so you get more bodies over on the TV side.
                        #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                        @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by 56Parkies View Post

They could easily tarp off the upper decks. Hell, sell advertising on them if you want. Maybe allow the first 10 rows of the upper decks and premium seats (so many prefer the view up there to see "the whole field" and you could reduce the capacity to 32K or so. Then 25K looks great on TV, especially if they sell the East seats cheaper, so you get more bodies over on the TV side.
                          Absolutely. If you want to sell off the first few rows of the upper deck, you could but how they do it now, to me doesn't work. People are soooo spread out right now. Even when I used to go and 25K was a small crown, it still looked empty. You'd have sections of the lower bowl looking almost empty, then this long thin strip of people in F2, G2, H2 and U2, T2, S2 with people almost all the way to the top but it's at mid field.

So I think you need to bring everyone down to the lower bowl. If the day comes you sell out the lower bowl, then you slowly creep up into the second deck. But reduce the capacity to basically half, and consolidate everyone would look way better.

I'd take the north endzone and turn it into your party tent area. Instead of having all those people on the field in those tent, lift them up.
                          Last edited by Sectionq; 09-23-2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Holy moly I agree with Q!

Get them off the field and into the stands. By whatever means make the lower bowl look full.
                            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 56Parkies View Post

I think at least close off the West side upper deck, but completely. Keeping the lower part of that deck open would be a nightmare during a storm with the water run-off from the tarps.
                              Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Working...
                              X