No announcement yet.

2022 Offseason heading in 2023 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morley Scott talks to the mother of Christian Saulsberry on The Elks This Week
    The Elks this week with Morley Scott (Jan. 7, 2023)
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Originally posted by bombervu View Post

Heard Eugene Lewis is asking for $300,000. His signing will impact Lawler. I like Derel Walker at $175,000
      Walker at 175k is an easy pass for me.

Last edited by widowmaker; 01-12-2023, 01:11 PM.
      https://fontmeme.com/permalink/22103...7f700e4989.png

Comment

Originally posted by widowmaker View Post

Walker at 175k is a easy pass for me.

I'm with you on this one, would take him closer to 100

Comment

[QUOTE=Esks4ever;n1272625]

without looking deep into anything...

I think I'd offer a lower contract but with higher bonuses. I'm not sure of his injury past. But I'd be comfortable with 210ish. We need a good veteran receiver for an inexperienced QB ( looks like corny) I'd also rather have him over Walker. [/QUOTE
          with Lawler moving his family here I’d give him 200k tops as for Walker I’d go no higher than 125 k

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post
            Morley Scott talks to the mother of Christian Saulsberry on The Elks This Week
            Thank you for posting the interview. I also listened to the in depth one. That is an amazing mother and person. You can see where Christian got his strength and drive from.

Comment

Originally posted by turftoe27 View Post

Thank you for posting the interview. I also listened to the in depth one. That is an amazing mother and person. You can see where Christian got his strength and drive from.
              Was a fantastic interview, you could hear her struggling to keep it together.

Comment

There will be another season of the Manny Show in Edmonton.

Veteran wide receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux has re-signed with the Edmonton Elks to a one-year contract, the CFL club announced Friday. One of the great pass-catchers of his generation, Arceneaux returns for his second campaign in Edmonton and eleventh season in the CFL.

There will be another season of the Manny Show in Edmonton.  Veteran wide receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux has re-signed with the Edmonton Elks to a one-year contract, the CFL club announced Friday. One of the great pass-catchers of his generation, Arceneaux returns for his second campaign in Edmonton and eleventh season in the CFL.   The […]
                Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

An on and off the field leader. Totally fine with a mentor in the room who knows how its done in the CFL.
                  The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                    An on and off the field leader. Totally fine with a mentor in the room who knows how its done in the CFL.
                    great move IMO, in order to change the culture of a team, you need buy in from the locker room. When you have a guy like Manny in there, it makes it A LOT easier

Comment

Wonder if Manny will be our designated NI player this year ?

Comment

He showed great leadership last year - both in the room and the community, from most accounts - and produced some big plays solely with his ability to put his head down and push for a little bit more yardage. I can definitely get behind this signing.

Comment

Funny how many of us were concerned about the Manny signing last year because of his age, but a year later (after a season cut short by injury) we're happy to have him back.

Says a lot about the impression he made with us.

Welcome back Manny!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turftoe27 View Post
                            Wonder if Manny will be our designated NI player this year ?
                            I think that can change game to game

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
                              Funny how many of us were concerned about the Manny signing last year because of his age, but a year later (after a season cut short by injury) we're happy to have him back.

Says a lot about the impression he made with us.

Welcome back Manny!!!
                              Hope he stays healthy. Manny has the work ethic than you want young players to see. Good to see him back for 23.

Casts a little more doubt about Derel Walker. Still say he could have a good year and hope he finds a spot.
                              Last edited by bombervu; 01-13-2023, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                                Plus he still produces as a WR3 so it's a win/win
                                In Rod we trust

Comment

Working...
                                X