Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post
    according to John Hodge AC Leonard has signed with Edmonton
    I’m very happy with this signing , as soon as I saw him released on Twitter , I commented to to Edmonton with Chris Jones , and boom he is here lol they said he was due a 40k offseason bonus , plus he lead the lead in sacks two years ago

Comment

great signing IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Sectionq View Post
        I am really hoping that in the coming weeks the Elks bring in a vet QB that can back up Cornelius. I do not think a Cornelius - Ford combo is a recipe for success. Right now the Elks have Cornelius, Ford, Beaudry who's probably more of a full back and Locksley who they turned into a receiver as the only 4 QB's on the roster.

The QB combo gives me even less confidence with MCAdoo as the OC. I just do not think McAdoo calls a game that plays to their strengths.
        Yep we def need someone to back up or if he falters.
        In Rod we trust

Comment

nice let's see what he has in the tank. 31 years old isn't that old especially for a Dlineman
          In Rod we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Sectionq View Post
            I am really hoping that in the coming weeks the Elks bring in a vet QB that can back up Cornelius. I do not think a Cornelius - Ford combo is a recipe for success. Right now the Elks have Cornelius, Ford, Beaudry who's probably more of a full back and Locksley who they turned into a receiver as the only 4 QB's on the roster.

The QB combo gives me even less confidence with MCAdoo as the OC. I just do not think McAdoo calls a game that plays to their strengths.
            Wouldn't upset me to see them sign a guy with experience. Plenty of QB moving parts over the next few weeks, lets see how it shakes out.

Comment

Wait! We signed AC Leonard to play Dline right? Jones isn't going to move him back to receiver is he....or punter
              In Rod we trust

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverSports View Post
                A.C. Leonard, anyone? I see Saskatchewan released him, but the consensus seemed to be he had a bit of a down 2022. It looks like Jones was the one who converted him to DL in 2016, but he also didn't re-sign him in 2018. I wonder if he can find his game in a familiar system.
                My post on RF maybe 15 minutes after his release said "Ring....ring......hello AC? Chris Jones speaking."

Comment

according to John Hodge AC Leonard has signed with Edmonton
                  If CJ keeps signing veterans before they get their off-season bonuses and get cut (Purifoy and now Leonard) maybe he won't need to get busy once FA actually hits in a couple of weeks
                  “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Comment

Originally posted by adb View Post

If CJ keeps signing veterans before they get their off-season bonuses and get cut (Purifoy and now Leonard) maybe he won't need to get busy once FA actually hits in a couple of weeks
                    By the sounds of things, we aren't going to be very active, looking for 3 or 4 players.

Comment

I’m really happy with this move. He should look really good lining up next to Ceresna. Nice to see a player commit here so quickly too.

Comment

Originally posted by Looner View Post

By the sounds of things, we aren't going to be very active, looking for 3 or 4 players.
                        its Jones.. I wouldn't be shocked if there was more than that.... why tell the truth lol

Comment

I think last season CJ not happy with the D something I’m sure he takes pride with… I would expect a few more added to the D side of the ball… maybe at the expense of spending on offence….

He has his QB, RB and OL…. A few peices at WR… my gut says look for a few more FA impact D players…

My 3 Cents…
                          Last edited by SKIP12; 02-01-2023, 07:35 AM.

Comment

its Jones.. I wouldn't be shocked if there was more than that.... why tell the truth lol
                            very true, kind of why I don't put much stock into the depth charts, other then who is in the lineup and who isn't

Comment

Originally posted by SKIP12 View Post
                              I think last season CJ not happy with the D something I’m sure he takes pride with… I would expect a few more added to the D side of the ball… maybe at the expense of spending on offence….

He has his QB, RB and OL…. A few peices at WR… my gut says look for a few more FA impact D players…

My 3 Cents…
                              I think you're right. Which, when you don't have a top tier QB, isn't the worst move possible.

Comment

Can't say I am surprised to see A.C. Leonard signed and didn't think DE was an area in need but good players are good players. Surprised it happened so quickly. Speculation on Riderfans was it was in the works.

Didn't see it last year with Sankey but with Larry Dean injured in 2021 there were times when A.C. lined up at MLB. I think last year there was no where to hide him from a double team causing his numbers to be down.

Agree with others about another QB and think Bethel Thompson would be a great one year guy. We'll know more soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X