Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beerfish View Post
    Just a beauty fg attempt
    Yup, we lose Sean Whyte then Castillo. That's what happens when you go cheap. just an exhibition game but the kicking game looks like crap. Return game looks better, at least a couple of guys that aren't over 5 secs. in the 40.

Comment

Hate losing.. pre season or real bullets..

but here is what I liked…

the ball controlled offence is working for us.. we have the backs to really create 2nd and manageable..
      mall 3 qbs looked ok.. corn started off but end up 6-9, Ford settled and Kai looks settled back there..
      oline making holes and protecting ok..

I have no clue who or what. As we rotated so so early and so so often but the guys who produced in Calgary produced today…

hate to moan about a fellow Englishmen but faithful isn’t gonna cut it I don’t think.. missed a chip shot in the 1st half and the kick to win was ugly

lots of penalties which was still so avoidable

but I liked alot…
      Winnipeg seemed to blitz alot of pre season ..
      only real bad passage of play was on the 3rd string qbs Td drove.. to let him convert a 2nd and 27 is very poor..

I think the cuts on D will prob pick themselves on O a couple of guys might go cos these young cats look good

Comment

We have some nice players and improvements in some areas. From the two ex games:

RB's are outstanding.

WRs are quite good, BUT will be limited by QB play and offensive game plan.

Oline was pretty good overall but once the blitzing started there were a few issues.

QB's, I am not sold on any of our QBs at all.

Dline starters did not play a ton but it was nothing special.

LB's better this game than last.

Secondary made a lot of really good plays over the two games but gave up the big play.

Kicking game rather scary both fg and punting. Return game usual meh other than one return.

Coaching, not clear yet. I hope we get a lot more aggressive on D in the reg season.

We will learn a lot in about the first 4 games of the year.
        Last edited by Beerfish; 05-27-2023, 07:50 PM.

Comment

And the home field curse continues.....

I don't mind our new kicker. I expect that he will be popular with the Edmonton faithful.

https://fontmeme.com/permalink/22103...7f700e4989.png

Comment

My opinion is that jones made a HUGE mistake releasing Castillo , without a capable replacement , If Cornelius has to be qb 1 , I’d like Doege and Locksley 2/3 or visa versa , I honestly don’t think Ford is big enough or doesn’t have a strong enough arm to play in this league , our running backs in Brown and Brooks will put us at one of the better tandems in the league , but WHAT is jones seriously thinking with the kicking game ? Hope we can pick up someone from the other teams cuts , otherwise Jones plan is gonna backfire big time and cost us games

Comment

Originally posted by turftoe27 View Post

Yup, we lose Sean Whyte then Castillo. That's what happens when you go cheap. just an exhibition game but the kicking game looks like crap. Return game looks better, at least a couple of guys that aren't over 5 secs. in the 40.
              I think the kicking game is gonna costs us a few wins this year , I’d rather just go with Domegala at least he has experience until we find better

Comment

Originally posted by widowmaker View Post
                And the home field curse continues.....

I don't mind our new kicker. I expect that he will be popular with the Edmonton faithful.

I see what you did there lol

Comment

Originally posted by dealerd View Post

I think the kicking game is gonna costs us a few wins this year , I’d rather just go with Domegala at least he has experience until we find better

One would think that between the CFL, the Arena League, and all the NFL hopefuls that we could find a kicker.

https://fontmeme.com/permalink/22103...7f700e4989.png

Comment

I dont hold much stock in preaseason games in any aspect. Its funny to see people(fb,twitter,etc act like the world is ending and we may as well fold up our tent

Corny - first live action i'm not gunna bitch much.. but come game 3 and its still like this.. then ya.. its a massive concern.

Kicking game. Umm.. ya.... its bad.

Return game - meh at least there was a good return.. hope it trends up.

D. It couldn't be much worse than last season. I'll hold judgement for a few games.... it has good potential... looked ok in Cal and beginning of this game it was alright.

Ford. Outside running I'm not sure he's ready. His throws didn't look great at all.

Locksley - looked pretty solid

WR. I think we'll be fine here.

RBs.... Brown and Brooks keepers. Lets hope McAdoo uses the run game.

Oline didn't really watch ditto for DL and LBs.

Its preseason I'm not worried about our D or O Schemes yet. You never wanna show **** in the preseason. Come Game 3 and they both garbage then we'll have issues. Its the CFL with only 2 preseason games... we all know games 1-3 is just like an extended preseason. After that the team should have found its place/mojo

IMO We shouldnt be concerned with the schemes/ how bad the coverage was yet. Should we ignore it - no. it might not any indication of how the D/O will be or how it could. be. But it is something to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by widowmaker View Post

One would think that between the CFL, the Arena League, and all the NFL hopefuls that we could find a kicker.

I just dont get why we released Castillo and why we are going with a 36 year old kicker who hasn't been kicking long in football terms.. There HAS to be more to this story than we know.

Comment

Missed Cornelius’ series’s. so sounds like he was meh/hesitant?

i did arrive to commonwealth in time to catch Ford and Locksley, and from what sample size i saw, Ford didnt show any improvement from prior… one trick escapability pony, not much in terms of pocket presence eyes down field and decision making….just falls back on rushing pretty quick it seems…

as for Locksley, i was quite impressed… decent mechanics, decisive with first and second reads, decent ball release albeit sometimes into tight questionable windows, but thats ok as non QB1

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post

I just dont get why we released Castillo and why we are going with a 36 year old kicker who hasn't been kicking long in football terms.. There HAS to be more to this story than we know.
                          Elks asked him to take a pay cut and he said no so they released him after they were unable to manufacture a trade for him. I guess that must mean we are pretty tight up against the cap as I believe we released Litre for likewise not willing to take a pay cut.
                          Last edited by adb; 05-27-2023, 10:26 PM.
                          “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Comment

Originally posted by adb View Post

Elks asked him to take a pay cut and he said no so they released him after they were unable to manufacture a trade for him. I guess that must mean we are pretty tight up against the cap as I believe we released Litre for likewise not willing to take a pay cut.
                            ahh... well ****... and no backup plan really... Lewis really better be worth his 300k. As for Litre.. meh...

Comment

Apparently I was wrong thinking that the Elks' biggest problems were Duron Carter & Chris Scheetz. The defence makes stops but not enough significant ones. Ashley's voice gets more shrill & grating the louder she speaks. Ryder sounds like a male version of Ashley.

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post

ahh... well ****... and no backup plan really... Lewis really better be worth his 300k. As for Litre.. meh...
                                We DON’T need Lewis and his 320K contract , never did , now we suffer with no kicking game , I love Jones but he really makes some stupid decisions

Comment

Working...
                                X