No announcement yet.

2023-2024 off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so looks like Sewell requested his release even though he had a year left in his deal, wonder what that speaks to? does he have something lined up. you would think unless retirement etc...he would keep plodding fwd with that deal as the coin seems decent, not sure thered be more elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Maas_12 View Post
      so looks like Sewell requested his release even though he had a year left in his deal, wonder what that speaks to? does he have something lined up. you would think unless retirement etc...he would keep plodding fwd with that deal as the coin seems decent, not sure thered be more elsewhere
      I know a few weeks back he said something about disrespecting him and his family and then changed his twitter profile back to when he was with the EE

Comment

That’s true Mondos twitter banner is of him as an Eskimo
        Last edited by Mr.Prez; 02-08-2024, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maas_12 View Post
          I would suggest that at age 37, Mondo would love to skip the physical toll of training camp and pre season. Keeping his own training regimen and starting at some point in the season, fresh and unbattered, has to be a lot more appealing than having rookies beating on you for weeks at camp.
          I recall (way back) that we had veteran O-linemen who held that opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by couchspud View Post
            I would suggest that at age 37, Mondo would love to skip the physical toll of training camp and pre season. Keeping his own training regimen and starting at some point in the season, fresh and unbattered, has to be a lot more appealing than having rookies beating on you for weeks at camp.
            I recall (way back) that we had veteran O-linemen who held that opinion.
            "Way back" Greg Findlay of the Lions liked to retire before camp and unretire halfway into it just for that reason. But back then and we'll into the 80s and 90s they used to have a lot of full contact two-a-day sessions. These days when they do have 2 sessions in the same day, which isn't often, one must be helmet and sweats only. Teams can't hold a padded session in the first 2 days and they can't hold a two-a-day after the 12th day of camp excluding the day before, of, and after a preseason game. Last year BC had a total of 14 practices over their camp with a couple of them being walk-thrus.

Comment

Wonder if DE Betts is a possibility…. Still not pre-signed as far as I know…. I think CJ was the one that didn’t resign him before he left for BC though… could a reunion be in the works? Pretty set at National starter but he would be a huge welcome addition…. DE of Leanord and Betts would be nice…

Sill need DT though….

Wishful thinking on my part…. But not sure why he not signed already….

My 4 Cents….

Correction…I see Betts is about to sign with Detroit Lions..
              Last edited by SKIP12; 02-10-2024, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SKIP12 View Post
                Wonder if DE Betts is a possibility…. Still not pre-signed as far as I know…. I think CJ was the one that didn’t resign him before he left for BC though… could a reunion be in the works? Pretty set at National starter but he would be a huge welcome addition…. DE of Leanord and Betts would be nice…

Sill need DT though….

Wishful thinking on my part…. But not sure why he not signed already….

My 4 Cents….

Correction…I see Betts is about to sign with Detroit Lions..
                Yeah as a BC fan I was thought the biggest threats were Hamilton as the team that seemed to have the biggest SMS war chest and of course his home town Alouettes. The silence re: any negotiations was puzzling. So to was the rumoured big offer to Oliviera. It almost made no sense that BC would go that hard after Oliviera if they were also courting Betts with as much money or more. This Farhan report today has me thinking Campbell & McEvoy were already aware Betts would be signing with the other Lions before trying to woo Oliviera.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer24 View Post

Yeah as a BC fan I was thought the biggest threats were Hamilton as the team that seemed to have the biggest SMS war chest and of course his home town Alouettes. The silence re: any negotiations was puzzling. So to was the rumoured big offer to Oliviera. It almost made no sense that BC would go that hard after Oliviera if they were also courting Betts with as much money or more. This Farhan report today has me thinking Campbell & McEvoy were already aware Betts would be signing with the other Lions before trying to woo Oliviera.
                  makes sense to me, I'm sure they had a decent amount of money set aside for him.

Comment

Some interesting nuggets in this interview

https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/1756421559177416988

Sounds like Chris indicates that we are interested in a player but that Geroy is the one that does all of the negotiations.

Comment

I'm not surprised. Geroy is probably the actual GM just that CJ wants ultimate authority and final say

Comment

Just watch... we're gonna be over in SMS for 2023
                        Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Prez View Post
                          I'm not surprised. Geroy is probably the actual GM just that CJ wants ultimate authority and final say
                          ...and likewise more pay
                          ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Comment

If I’m reading the latest CFL free agency report correctly, both Oakman and W. Jefferson are available to the highest bidder…..
                            Where do I send a contribution to lock in either or both of these game changers. ?
                            Screw the cap !

Comment

Originally posted by couchspud View Post
                              If I’m reading the latest CFL free agency report correctly, both Oakman and W. Jefferson are available to the highest bidder…..
                              Where do I send a contribution to lock in either or both of these game changers. ?
                              Screw the cap !
                              Unless something has changed in Winnipeg, Jefferson has re-signed. Oakman could be a possibility.

Comment

Oakman would solve the Oulette-Oliveria-Carey-Stanback problem but do we have cap and $$$?

Comment

Working...
                                X