No announcement yet.

2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I have to say about this sh!tshow is; I’ve gone from being a die hard fan listening to the games on 630 CHED. Growing up in Lloydminster as the only Esks fan in a family of Rider fans wasn’t easy. We were an amazing team and always seemed to be winning… Playing for Wilkie and Lancaster in my short football career only made the passion for the team grow. (Even got some pretty good “souvenirs” out of it too). Weathered the storm that was Danny Maciocia and his horrible ineptitude… Rhodes. “The Trade”, Tillman (patooie) and all his crap. F’ing Chris Jones and his mercenary bullsh!t. Swerve, and his ummm dismissal. Through all of the coaches and GM’s, all the Board members kissing each other’s ass and being the masters of industry. Through ALL or it I’ve bled Green & Gold.
    Ask me if I’m going to the last home game this season…. Go ahead.
    Ask me how many more games I’m going to watch this year.

Maybe it’s pandemic induced depression. Maybe it’s my post concussion syndrome acting up but the combination of BS, CP and Elizondo have finally killed my passion for my team.
    Congratulations boys. Well done. The only thing the current office has been good at is alienating fans, pissing off alumni, ignoring season seat holders, breaking traditions. All of it. I don’t even make an effort to watch other teams play anymore.

Sorry for the unusually long post. I’m just so tired of it.

Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverSports View Post
      Let’s say Elizondo is the fall guy because it’s the easy thing to do. I’m going to presume Sunderland stays given the organizational structure and the idea he gets a pass based on Milanovich and COVID. Is Thorpe head coaching material? He’s been around the league, coached two phases, and while the D isn’t necessarily stellar, it’s been asked to do a lot this year and mostly held on. I think you could do a lot worse.
      No to Thorpe, he is not a head coach material.
      Choices are Chris Jones and Tommy Condell. Maybe Mark Washington even.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock my Rock View Post

No to Thorpe, he is not a head coach material.
        Choices are Chris Jones and Tommy Condell. Maybe Mark Washington even.
        I'd add Barron Miles to that list over Condell, and Ryan Phillips is maybe a year or so away from also being on that list.
        #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
        @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by boydo View Post
          All I have to say about this sh!tshow is; I’ve gone from being a die hard fan listening to the games on 630 CHED. Growing up in Lloydminster as the only Esks fan in a family of Rider fans wasn’t easy. We were an amazing team and always seemed to be winning… Playing for Wilkie and Lancaster in my short football career only made the passion for the team grow. (Even got some pretty good “souvenirs” out of it too). Weathered the storm that was Danny Maciocia and his horrible ineptitude… Rhodes. “The Trade”, Tillman (patooie) and all his crap. F’ing Chris Jones and his mercenary bullsh!t. Swerve, and his ummm dismissal. Through all of the coaches and GM’s, all the Board members kissing each other’s ass and being the masters of industry. Through ALL or it I’ve bled Green & Gold.
          Ask me if I’m going to the last home game this season…. Go ahead.
          Ask me how many more games I’m going to watch this year.

Maybe it’s pandemic induced depression. Maybe it’s my post concussion syndrome acting up but the combination of BS, CP and Elizondo have finally killed my passion for my team.
          Congratulations boys. Well done. The only thing the current office has been good at is alienating fans, pissing off alumni, ignoring season seat holders, breaking traditions. All of it. I don’t even make an effort to watch other teams play anymore.

Sorry for the unusually long post. I’m just so tired of it.

For the first time since getting season tickets over 25 years ago, I'm willingly skipping the final two home games of the season. I haven't even tried to give away my tickets. That's where we are.

I'll probably check out the games on the PVR when they don't conflict with the Oilers' games, but I really don't care any more about this years team. It has nothing to do with the name, everything to do with the teams performance and controversies around management.

Comment

Honestly I think the problem is more coaching than players... the talent is there on paper and Brock has done a decent job recruiting. But the coaches have dropped the ball from training camp on. When Gonzo elionzo proclaimed a non achiever like Betts as the starting rush end (guy has grand total of ZERO sacks) and badmouthed Shown Lemon (who is one of the leaders in sacks), you just cant help but cringe. Other examples of Stafford not being a team player, his fights with Harris etc. Elionzo needs to go, otherwise I wont spend another dime on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock my Rock View Post
              . Elionzo needs to go, otherwise I wont spend another dime on this team.

so does your rock.

Comment

Well, today is the Locker room sale! There's going to be some "gently" used equipment for sale

Comment

Wait. The Locker room sale was yesterday?!?
                  Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

Comment

Originally posted by boydo View Post
                    Wait. The Locker room sale was yesterday?!?
                    I thought it was a Black Friday sale. Locker room sale coming up I think?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 11-28-2021, 01:06 PM.
                    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Jesus Boy is choking it for the Al's... two fumbles and one int for half day of work. Glad Harris is gone, he's not a franchise QB never was.

Comment

Yep. Nice to see Jesus boy get his ass handed to him today.

-Keep on Elking!!!
                        Last edited by widowmaker; 11-28-2021, 04:55 PM.
                        https://fontmeme.com/permalink/22103...7f700e4989.png

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post

I thought it was a Black Friday sale. Locker room sale coming up I think?
                          Holy chit guys, it is Dec 7th..my bad

Comment

Originally posted by coach_ditka View Post

Holy chit guys, it is Dec 7th..my bad
                            On a Tuesday? Does that mean it's online again like last year, vs going to Commonwealth?
                            #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                            @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by 56Parkies View Post

On a Tuesday? Does that mean it's online again like last year, vs going to Commonwealth?
                              Def needs some clarification - this is from the Elks website:

ELKS ONLINE LOCKER ROOM SALE

The Edmonton Elks online locker room sale is returning online next month, as the first year of Elks game-worn gear goes on sale beginning Wednesday, December 8.

In addition to game-worn helmets, jerseys and more being available through shop.goelks.com, all new Elks gear will also be 25% off during the locker room sale, which wraps up on Tuesday, December 14.
                              Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Working...
                              X