New Website Name

PLEASE VOTE and note the differences - most good names have been taken
    [url]www.elksherd.ca[/url]
    30.30%
    [url]www.elkfans.com[/url]
    57.58%
    [url]www.elksgang.com[/url]
    12.12%
    Last edited by Angelus; 06-17-2021, 03:56 PM.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Re: New Website Name

Elkfans just seems to fit naturally ?. Went with that!

Glad you got the site back up ang!!! Missed it!

Comment

Hmm I don't really like elkfans because they are the elks...and like I've said before, someone else owns elksfans.com.
      Last edited by Angelus; 06-17-2021, 08:32 PM.
      "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Comment

Did you ever figure out who claimed it? I think you said it redirects here...
        Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by glenvb View Post
          Did you ever figure out who claimed it? I think you said it redirects here...
          No idea. I could probably get elksfans.ca but I gotta stop registering domain names. I have like 8 of them now.

Comment

Voted elkfans. Prefer Elksfans or maybe even GoElksFans. Once it's saved as a favorite, it doesn't really matter too much.
            Thanks for running this site !!
            ----------------------

Comment

I like elksfans.ca, would have selected that as was one of the options. I did select elkfans.com. Thanks for your effort in getting the sight up and running again.
              "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
              -General George Patton Jr

Comment

It appears that whoever registered elksfans.ca and elksfans.com did it on Feb 9, 2021, long before the name was officially announced. Perhaps the team did it, knowing that the name was chosen, just not made public yet. I guess we'll see if it's renewed in Feb 2022, or if it points to a site between now and then that isn't this one.
                #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by 56Parkies View Post
                  It appears that whoever registered elksfans.ca and elksfans.com did it on Feb 9, 2021, long before the name was officially announced. Perhaps the team did it, knowing that the name was chosen, just not made public yet. I guess we'll see if it's renewed in Feb 2022, or if it points to a site between now and then that isn't this one.
                  Since elksfans.com points here, I doubt it was the team. It's pretty surprising someone would buy that domain, point it here, but then not make themself known. So odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                    Since elksfans.com points here, I doubt it was the team. It's pretty surprising someone would buy that domain, point it here, but then not make themself known. So odd.
                    At least reach out to you personally. Since the .ca and .com domains were registered on the same day, it stands to reason it was the same person/group registering them both, but the .com one leads here while the .ca one goes to a "coming soon" page.
                    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

The collective noun for elk is "gang". And gang is of course a very fitting collective for a football team. I therefore voted for www.elksgang.com.

But why change the name of this site? What we all have been, and still are, are fans of the Eskimos.
                      Last edited by Foxhound; 07-18-2021, 03:14 PM.
                      Radically Canadian!

Comment

Is anyone else having issues when returnin go the site?

I have to keep resetting my password because when I come back to the forum I?m logged out and my password which I know is right and have changed several times now keeps saying is incorrect.. so I have to reset?.

Anyone else having this or just me??

Comment

Originally posted by cmbuk View Post
                          Is anyone else having issues when returnin go the site?

I have to keep resetting my password because when I come back to the forum I?m logged out and my password which I know is right and have changed several times now keeps saying is incorrect.. so I have to reset?.

Anyone else having this or just me??
                          Working fine for me

Comment

Originally posted by cmbuk View Post
                            Is anyone else having issues when returnin go the site? I have to keep resetting my password because when I come back to the forum I?m logged out and my password which I know is right and have changed several times now keeps saying is incorrect.. so I have to reset?. Anyone else having this or just me??
                            I've had issues with it just entering name and password on home screen. If you click on the log in button, it will direct you the main login page. Once you enter your info and save it, it seems to be fine.
                            ----------------------

Comment

I had some issues at first too with login, but Phil helped me out.
                              Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X