Humboldt Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humboldt Broncos

Devastating news regarding the team bus being in an accident causing injuries and fatalities. The sports world is a small world. Hopes and prayers to all the families involved.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EdmontonSports/

Re: Humboldt Broncos

Devastating to the province and country. Hearing 14 dead, 14 injured. Can’t imagine what the community is going through.

Comment

Puts everything into perspective doesn't it? Too young to go. RIP guys. You can play forever now.
      WALTER IS MY HERO!!

Comment

Just found out this morning that a friend of mine was on that bus. Someone who was out at every Grey Cup every year, and is now gone. My heart breaks for his family - go hug your loved ones everyone. I know I am.
        #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
        @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

I’m sick to my stomach every time I pull up any news about this story. Incomprehensible tragedy, and sadness.

Condolences for your friend, Mike. Very sorry to hear about your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Section N View Post
            I’m sick to my stomach every time I pull up any news about this story. Incomprehensible tragedy, and sadness.

Condolences for your friend, Mike. Very sorry to hear about your friend.
            Sickness and anger. The semi blew a stop sign with flashing lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
              Sickness and anger. The semi blew a stop sign with flashing lights.
              Has that been confirmed? I heard it too but I also heard that was speculation.

Either way, just a terrible tragedy, no matter who is at fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtuck09 View Post
                Has that been confirmed? I heard it too but I also heard that was speculation.

Either way, just a terrible tragedy, no matter who is at fault.
                I haven't heard anything. Looking at pictures makes it look that way, but I'm not an expert at crash analysis. At this point, blaming doesn't help anyways. I can't imagine the remorse the driver would feel if this turns out to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
                  I haven't heard anything. Looking at pictures makes it look that way, but I'm not an expert at crash analysis. At this point, blaming doesn't help anyways. I can't imagine the remorse the driver would feel if this turns out to be the case.
                  We know for sure that the bus carrying the Broncos was headed north on 35. The intersection with 335 has stop signs and flashers. I think we can all do the math. The guy blew the stop sign at top speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
                    We know for sure that the bus carrying the Broncos was headed north on 35. The intersection with 335 has stop signs and flashers. I think we can all do the math. The guy blew the stop sign at top speed.
                    Not sure about the top speed thing, but the principle is correct.

Comment

Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Seems that one of those who died was Tyler Bieber, the commentator for the game. He was a big CFL fan, did some CFL stuff in his journalism, and posted as Captain_Yzerman on the old RF site.

Rest in peace to all 16 who died. Today, I'll be thinking of Tyler.
                        Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by glenvb View Post
                          Seems that one of those who died was Tyler Bieber, the commentator for the game. He was a big CFL fan, did some CFL stuff in his journalism, and posted as Captain_Yzerman on the old RF site.

Rest in peace to all 16 who died. Today, I'll be thinking of Tyler.
                          Tyler’s funeral is today. Still doesn’t quite seem real. Many here may have interacted with him on Twitter as @CFLDaily or on his site CFLDaily.ca. Our own Rids has him as one of his scouts as well. Touches everyone today.
                          #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
                          @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comment

Classy.

Comment

Originally posted by Section N View Post

Classy.

Comment

Working...
                              X