Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-19 Oilers Season Thread

Originally posted by OK14 View Post
    Took in the fan day scrimmage on a whim today. The usual suspects stood out in both good and bad ways. But two guys who caught my attention were two defenders, Lagesson and Gravel. Gravel looks like he's got a ton of potential.
    Does Gravel play with 'grit'?

Comment

Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

Originally posted by Beerfish View Post
        Not so much grit, but confidence...well-grounded confidence...
        Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

Comment

Originally posted by Beerfish View Post
          Let's just hope he can contribute to the aggregate defense and grade out on the plus side. Hate to see him make a run and turn out to be the pits.

Comment

McDavid is absurd.

Curious to see what happens next week for some of the kids when the competition really picks up. JP has looked amazing thus far.

We wait.

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
            Reider-Draisatl-JP
            Lucic-Strome-Yamo
            Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
            Nurse-Benning
            Jerabek-Russell

Probably how I would start the season based on what's happened thus far.

Daily reminder they're paying Lucic + Russell a combined $10,000,000 against the cap per year. Amazing.
            "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they'll keep Lucic on the 2nd line just because.

Comment

Originally posted by Esks4ever View Post
                I'm pretty sure they'll keep Lucic on the 2nd line just because.
                For sure. Highly doubt that Yamo starts the year in Edmonton as well.

Comment

So, who would have thought that overpaying for a goalie with no NHL experience was a bad idea? Oh yeah, everyone except Chiarelli.

Comment

Originally posted by nafnikufesin View Post
                    So, who would have thought that overpaying for a goalie with no NHL experience was a bad idea? Oh yeah, everyone except Chiarelli.
                    It's absolutely incredible this guy is still a GM in the NHL.
                    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Comment

Hey! He had four games in the NHL 8 years ago and had a great save percentage last year for a stack St. Petersburg team (.937!). Did you know he's an Olympian and two time World silver medalist? You have to overpay for a guy like that.

Comment

Comment

Surprised there aren't any comments on yesterday's game in here. I enjoyed the beat down, but how it happened has me worried. The PowerPlay was dreadful, yet still went 2-4. The PK was hemmed in all game but Vancouver's offense is... hmm well. Overall game play seemed to go moreso in Vancouver's favor, but Talbot handily beat Nilsson and the Oilers made good on their chances. I bet they feel pretty good about themselves, but the reality is that wasn't a 6-0 game regardless of the score board.

Last year after some pretty one sided wins against the Jets and Hurricanes in pre-season, the players started buying into the hype and we all know what happened. I hope they've learned from that.
                          Last edited by bone; 09-26-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
                            Surprised there aren't any comments on yesterday's game in here. I enjoyed the beat down, but how it happened has me worried. The PowerPlay was dreadful, yet still went 2-4. The PK was hemmed in all game but Vancouver's offense is... hmm well. Overall game play seemed to go moreso in Vancouver's favor, but Talbot handily beat Nilsson and the Oilers made good on their chances. I bet they feel pretty good about themselves, but the reality is that wasn't a 6-0 game regardless of the score board.

Last year after some pretty one sided wins against the Jets and Hurricanes in pre-season, the players started buying into the hype and we all know what happened. I hope they've learned from that.
                            Oilers were 6-2 in preseason last year. I can't wait for the percentages to even out and Rattie go scoreless to start the season and watch twitter burn.
                            "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Comment

Yup...we've had a winning record every year in the preseason for about a decade. I will wait until the bullets fly for real. That said...it's nice to see our right wingers providing a lot of goal scoring when it's such a question mark moving forward.

Also nice to see Talbot looking like old Talbot again. I will say after having a child...I think I understand how having twins could conceivably affect ones game. Especially that of a goalie...
                              Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

Comment

I also need to mention this completely different guy wearing #98 this season. I can't get over how different he looks. I still have some questions about his hands and his ability to score from in tight but it's crazy how quick he looks this season.
                                Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

Comment

Working...
                                X