Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2021 Edmonton Oilers season thread

Thoughts on Oilers off-season 2021?

Best forward group we have had in well over a decade but that defense is going to be an absolute gong show. And we are really. going with Smith/Koskinen again aren't we...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

Comment

There could be a lot of Oiler games that finish 8-6 this season. I just hope we're the 8 most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by stamphater View Post
        Thoughts on Oilers off-season 2021?

Best forward group we have had in well over a decade but that defense is going to be an absolute gong show. And we are really. going with Smith/Koskinen again aren't we...
        Can't see Smith sustaining his numbers from last year, you just have to hope that Koskinen has a rebound year. They were talking on 1260 about Smith getting 40 starts to be effective but that would give Koskinen 40+ starts. The way he played last year, this would not be a good thing but upping Smiths numbers much and you risk burning him out.

Comment

Those two goalies in front of that D? I bet we miss the playoffs.
          "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

Comment

Originally posted by Looner View Post
            Can't see Smith sustaining his numbers from last year, you just have to hope that Koskinen has a rebound year. They were talking on 1260 about Smith getting 40 starts to be effective but that would give Koskinen 40+ starts. The way he played last year, this would not be a good thing but upping Smiths numbers much and you risk burning him out.
            Agree, Smith had a year he won?t be able to repeat.

And Red Light Koskinen will repeat.
            Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
            Pizmo Loves Nanookster

Comment

Blew a 2-goal lead...but at least we won.

Wait, I can't even post animated gifs now??? The new forum software is almost more broken than the football team is.

giphy.gif
              Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

Comment

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 10-14-2021, 10:26 AM.
                Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

k peeps its one game into the season, who are we going to throw under the bus and what level of bitching we gunna do towards tippet and/or holland.....

Comment

Oilers were the last team I needed on my parlay last night, glad they won but thanks for giving me a heart attack in the process you turkeys.
                    In Rod we trust

Comment

2-0. McDavid with a hatty against Calgary.

But the real story is Puljujarvi. Right after Calgary scored to make it a one goal game, JP took an outlet pass from Ceci and fired a laser past Markstrom to make it 4-2. Just absolutely beautiful to see this kid coming into his own after so many of us were writing him off as a bust.
                      Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

Comment

Working...
                      X