Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Week 13 - Hamilton at Edmonton

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    GDT: Week 13 - Hamilton at Edmonton

    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

    #2
    Was hoping that Armanti Edwards would get a shot this week since he's been a full participant in most of the practices. DWalk and to a degree Ellingson have appeared to have checked out IMO. I'd be surprised if either one of them is back next season. Wouldn't mind seeing if Edwards would show any hunger in a game if given the chance.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by adb View Post
      Was hoping that Armanti Edwards would get a shot this week since he's been a full participant in most of the practices. DWalk and to a degree Ellingson have appeared to have checked out IMO. I'd be surprised if either one of them is back next season. Wouldn't mind seeing if Edwards would show any hunger in a game if given the chance.
      Yeah. Armanti Edwards in would have been good to see. I was hoping another Edwards... Earnest would get another shot. He had a very exciting debut in limited action, but hasn't seen the field since his first game. That is a head scratcher, but I guess they gotta fill up receiver spots with Canadians.

      Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post

        Yeah. Armanti Edwards in would have been good to see. I was hoping another Edwards... Earnest would get another shot. He had a very exciting debut in limited action, but hasn't seen the field since his first game. That is a head scratcher, but I guess they gotta fill up receiver spots with Canadians.
        Earnest played an outstanding first game as a wide out on Labour Day, and for the rematch in week 6 was moved to kick returner and receiver, and didn't have as great of a game, nor did he in week 7 vs Winnipeg, and then he didn't see the field again after those two average to bad weeks.
        #PizStrong

        Twitter: @56Parkies
        @EsksHistory

        Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by 56Parkies View Post

          Earnest played an outstanding first game as a wide out on Labour Day, and for the rematch in week 6 was moved to kick returner and receiver, and didn't have as great of a game, nor did he in week 7 vs Winnipeg, and then he didn't see the field again after those two average to bad weeks.
          I enjoy it more remembering the way I remember it, lol.
          Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

          Comment


            #6
            That D line seems a bit undersized at DT.. Believe Rector is usually at DE. Wonder if Hammy tries to push us around early by running up the middle . See we are show casing Simmons at DE already, We certainly need more pass rush from our DE's and Costigan out also. Still, though , no Chris Casher in the lineup. Wonder what;s going on there as he was a good player with Calgary.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by turftoe27 View Post
              That D line seems a bit undersized at DT.. Believe Rector is usually at DE. Wonder if Hammy tries to push us around early by running up the middle . See we are show casing Simmons at DE already, We certainly need more pass rush from our DE's and Costigan out also. Still, though , no Chris Casher in the lineup. Wonder what;s going on there as he was a good player with Calgary.
              You make a good point about the Dline.
              D Ends
              Betts - 250
              Boateq - 257
              Simmons - 246

              You do need speed at the ends so they probably aren't that bad but at the same time I do wonder if size plays a part in Betts. He has 8 tackles and ZERO sacks. That isn't good for a D End especially since he is a 3rd overall pick.

              Rector - 270
              Moore - 269
              DeBaille - 285 - Global guy.

              Like you said, that looks like a pretty small interior considering all the guys they will be going up against in the middle will probably be 300 or more. You have to be very strong to make up for the 30+ lbs difference.
              Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

              Comment


                #8
                Been a few years since I attended a game in person. Lost interest in a poorly run organization. My 31 yr old son on the other hand has gone to quite a few as he is a big sports fan. He went to the last two home games. I asked him if he was going tonight. His answer was "Hell no, fool me once ......

                The Elks will have a huge task to rebuild fan support and interest. I can't see that happening without a major house cleaning of upper management. It is quite disappointing how low this franchise as sunk.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Smallest crowd in CFL history, more refs than fans, not many ETS buses but they even outnumber fans.
                  Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
                  Pizmo Loves Nanookster

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Fishman View Post
                    Been a few years since I attended a game in person. Lost interest in a poorly run organization. My 31 yr old son on the other hand has gone to quite a few as he is a big sports fan. He went to the last two home games. I asked him if he was going tonight. His answer was "Hell no, fool me once ......

                    The Elks will have a huge task to rebuild fan support and interest. I can't see that happening without a major house cleaning of upper management. It is quite disappointing how low this franchise as sunk.
                    CFL should be worried, flagship is sinking. Name change is just one problem. CFL will die without Edmonton.
                    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
                    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I'm out of the loop. What happened to Ceresna and Costigan?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I think it's gonna be a long night.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Someone should let the Elks know that the game has started…

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Derel Walker with the great start again, NOT!! And this is the guy that threw his quarterback under the bus??
                            The circus has left town. Get ready Eskie's. We're bringing it this year.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Oy vey. I think I’ll need more beer.
                              There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X