• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 16 (part II) - Edmonton @ BC - The End Is Nigh

Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

Comment

I’m not gonna bother to say it, but we’re all thinking it….

Comment

not sure we are ALL thinking it.... i recall a few on this board that defended the move to not play him ....

there is no good reason. Its important to see what we have in him and what to keep to mold him to or bring in that works better with him etc...

i want to hear the reasons to sit him and how its all good. let me hear it.

fed up with this Elizondo

Comment

So they aren't even going to put Arbuckle in for 1 freaking game? Not even the last one. Like what the hell is going on with this team? What was the point of the trade if you aren't even going to paly the guy once! Then you signed the GUY mid season. If you aren't going to play him at all this year, you could have literally signed him in the offseason and not spent the assets. This team sucks right now so I don't think they are in a position to be blowing assets on guys you don't even play!!! This team is seriously run by a bunch of clowns. I can't wait to see someone spin this as a good move on the Elks part.
          Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

Comment

I've come up with a new reason. BS won't let him dress so that Elizondo doesn't screw with head teaching him such great football lessons like going for two after a touchdown closes the gap to 4, then when it fails but you draw a penalty, try to kick on the retry once that penalty sets you up at the 1.

Of course this assumes BS has any intelligence at all, which is likely a stretch.

Comment

^ boy do i remember that sequence well, ANOTHER of Elizondos brilliance. It was so cringe i was in the stands calling it out right away. just a average fan that knows more than this fool at the helm. The Toronto game, clock management directives near the end of the game i saw his effin confusion too, he had to be told by Thorpe, then he called back the team and let them know what to do. Terrible.

Comment

Revised depth chart - Derel Walker out and Viamontes in. GOOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Maas_12 View Post
                  ^ boy do i remember that sequence well, ANOTHER of Elizondos brilliance. It was so cringe i was in the stands calling it out right away. just a average fan that knows more than this fool at the helm. The Toronto game, clock management directives near the end of the game i saw his effin confusion too, he had to be told by Thorpe, then he called back the team and let them know what to do. Terrible.

I couldn't believe it when that happened. Thorpe had to run out on the field to tell him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Revised depth chart - Derel Walker out and Viamontes in. GOOD.
                    BC has good rush ends. Our OT's are going to be in for a tough night. Nielsen had a bad night against A.C.Leonard in Regina , hopefully Leonard was using regular gas. Gwacham has been a good find for the Lions and will line up against Neilsen.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
                      I've come up with a new reason. BS won't let him dress so that Elizondo doesn't screw with head teaching him such great football lessons like going for two after a touchdown closes the gap to 4, then when it fails but you draw a penalty, try to kick on the retry once that penalty sets you up at the 1.

Of course this assumes BS has any intelligence at all, which is likely a stretch.
                      Well you know there is conventional football wisdom that has developed over the thousands of games played over the decades and then there is what the Elks do.

-Keep on Elking!!
                      https://fontmeme.com/permalink/22103...7f700e4989.png

Comment

Originally posted by Sectionq View Post
                        So they aren't even going to put Arbuckle in for 1 freaking game? Not even the last one. Like what the hell is going on with this team? What was the point of the trade if you aren't even going to paly the guy once! Then you signed the GUY mid season. If you aren't going to play him at all this year, you could have literally signed him in the offseason and not spent the assets. This team sucks right now so I don't think they are in a position to be blowing assets on guys you don't even play!!! This team is seriously run by a bunch of clowns. I can't wait to see someone spin this as a good move on the Elks part.
                        When they made this move I was OK with it. Basically I thought they would try him out in a couple of games before signing him. If they really liked what they saw then they have an exclusive window to sign him and if they do its worth the 2nd round pick. If not (either because they don't like him or cant come to an agreement) then they took a risk and lost a 3rd round pick which I was also OK with since if you don't take some risks you won't get anywhere. This makes absolutely no sense. You don't play him and you sign the guy to a high number which pretty much telegraphs that he's your starter without even test driving him out first when you had the chance to do so in meaningful games. Instead they'll be using preseason games next year to make the very important decision of who your starter is. This also influences what you do in the off season. If you played him and he shows well then maybe you don't pursue other free agent QBs or alternatively if he sucks then you go hard after one of the other guys available. The only thing I can think of as to why this has happened (that actually makes any sense) is that the GM and HC are totally not on the same page and may in fact be at odds with each other. If that's the case then something has to change here. Again THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! Hopefully it works out and Arbuckle turns out to be a baller but we could end up with another dud that costs us the 12th (or 10th or 11th) player overall in the draft and you can usually find a really good player at that point in the draft. Stupid. Just stupid.
                        “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Comment

Originally posted by adb View Post

When they made this move I was OK with it. Basically I thought they would try him out in a couple of games before signing him. If they really liked what they saw then they have an exclusive window to sign him and if they do its worth the 2nd round pick. If not (either because they don't like him or cant come to an agreement) then they took a risk and lost a 3rd round pick which I was also OK with since if you don't take some risks you won't get anywhere. This makes absolutely no sense. You don't play him and you sign the guy to a high number which pretty much telegraphs that he's your starter without even test driving him out first when you had the chance to do so in meaningful games. Instead they'll be using preseason games next year to make the very important decision of who your starter is. This also influences what you do in the off season. If you played him and he shows well then maybe you don't pursue other free agent QBs or alternatively if he sucks then you go hard after one of the other guys available. The only thing I can think of as to why this has happened (that actually makes any sense) is that the GM and HC are totally not on the same page and may in fact be at odds with each other. If that's the case then something has to change here. Again THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! Hopefully it works out and Arbuckle turns out to be a baller but we could end up with another dud that costs us the 12th (or 10th or 11th) player overall in the draft and you can usually find a really good player at that point in the draft. Stupid. Just stupid.
                          Even though I don't like Brock what so ever, he is the GM, he's the boss. So if the coach and him aren't on the same page, who cares. Brock is the boss, you go tell your coach to play the guy you traded for and resigned. If he doesn't you fire him. What could Elizondo even say to Brock if he is against it? He can't use the excuse "I am just trying to win football games". They are last and are missing the playoffs. Whether they win the last game or not, they will still be last and missing the playoffs. Like I said, from top to bottom, this team is run by clowns.
                          Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sectionq View Post

Even though I don't like Brock what so ever, he is the GM, he's the boss. So if the coach and him aren't on the same page, who cares. Brock is the boss, you go tell your coach to play the guy you traded for and resigned. If he doesn't you fire him. What could Elizondo even say to Brock if he is against it? He can't use the excuse "I am just trying to win football games". They are last and are missing the playoffs. Whether they win the last game or not, they will still be last and missing the playoffs. Like I said, from top to bottom, this team is run by clowns.
                            True, except the last bit. If they win tonight they jump ahead of BC in the standings but still miss the playoffs, and would somehow finish the season over .500 on the road despite being winless at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Maas_12 View Post
                              not sure we are ALL thinking it.... i recall a few on this board that defended the move to not play him ....

there is no good reason. Its important to see what we have in him and what to keep to mold him to or bring in that works better with him etc...

i want to hear the reasons to sit him and how its all good. let me hear it.

fed up with this Elizondo
                              I'm not going to defend that position. I was quiet when he was first signed, thinking he would get in for one of these games. I am just baffled. Then again, nothing from this team ceases to surprise me anymore. It has been a season from the Twilight Zone.
                              There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

Comment

Working...
                              X